Micheal Jackson
Led Zeppelin
Elvis Presley

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The Beatles.
Never did rate 'em.
If I had paid out good money to go and enjoy some rock and roll and they wheeled those four out I'd have asked for my money back.

Yep 100% agree with you the Beatles suck.

Additions to the list:

Bob Marley
U2
Pink Floyd
Coldplay

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
This is a Forum which by its nature means it's there to put up opinions and allow them to be debated. I wanted to express my personal view on the Beatles which shouldn't be a problem for you, if it is I fail to understand why.

You felt it necessary to cast an opinion on my post so according to your own view you are being hypocritical. Also, I am not compelled to pass opinion on others like The Who or Rolling Stones, why should I?

Maybe because you didn't express an opinion on them, but expressed an opinion on why everyone else was wrong because they weren't there? You told people how they had to look at it, rather than explaining why you couldn't understand the lack of appreciation for them, which would have been something completely different.

And as I've not defended any one of the bands that I liked but others have disliked, which is what you did, then no, I'm not being hypocritical. And no-one said you were compelled to express an opinion on other bands. :rolleyes:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Maybe because you didn't express an opinion on them, but expressed an opinion on why everyone else was wrong because they weren't there? You told people how they had to look at it, rather than explaining why you couldn't understand the lack of appreciation for them, which would have been something completely different.

And as I've not defended any one of the bands that I liked but others have disliked, which is what you did, then no, I'm not being hypocritical. And no-one said you were compelled to express an opinion on other bands. :rolleyes:
I tried to point out why so many people liked the Beatles in their era and how that era created an explosion of new music during the 1960's. I didn't say everyone else was wrong, I explained why I rated them.

Your hypocrisy wasn't because you defended a band but for berating me for doing it and at the same time complaining about me passing an opinion. Plenty of others have passed opinions on others selections but you felt it necessary to pull me up. Sounds a bit personal.

This isn't adding anything to the thread now, by all means you have a right to reply but I have finished discussing this point with you as it's going nowhere.

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
To me, "overrated" means they didnt float my boat. They may have been superstars and liked by millions, but for me, boat remained definitely unfloated. And into that category I'd put ...
Beatles - esp P McCartney
Rod Stewart
Tina Turner
Elton John
Bruce Springsteen

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Are you Tim Westwood???

If so I ? you!
We should find out if he shared his car history in the other treats.

Bob Dylan - and I think he ruined a lot of music. Before him there were songwriters who wrote for people that can sing. Suddenly we have all those singer/songwriter types who sing their own stuff and shouldn’t be doing it.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve finally thought of an overrated artist: Kate Bush

Can’t sing, can’t dance, just wails and flounces about ??‍♂️
I'm a big fan of Kate, but have to say that 50 Words For Snow is utter dog poo, an absolute dirge. And yet it is hailed as some sort of masterpiece.
She's become a *National Treasure* who *Must Be Worshipped*, which I'm sure is the last thing she'd want.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well 100s of thousands, nay millions, of young folk, and possibly and few older ones too, find them most agreeable, so far exceeding a few people on a golf forum.

Personally I'm ? Jessie overcomes her personal demons and rejoins the band.
How many mentions so far, including me, for U2, The Stones, The Beatles and other gazillion record sellers? This is a throwaway thread. You and lots of others like them, I think they are awful. Pretty much all of the bands mentioned so far are laughing all the way to the bank, play to huge audiences. They are the winners in this.

One other name to throw in, Robbie Williams.