out to in swing need help

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
over the last month i have for some reason got an out to in swing before that i was hitting everything straight now everything is fading with the odd heavy fade the divot is at a 10 oclock position to the flag is there any thing you guys can think of that can help me get hitting straight cheers in advance beggsy

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out to in has a lot of causes, so finding out what yours is wil be key. Most players do it because of lack of lower body turn, leaving the shoulders to turn and the out to in action is then due to a shouldery swing. Being too keen to street the downswing and starting down with the shoulders first can have the same effect. Some people have a set up where the right arm is a bit forward compared to the left, which can cause this. Ball position can be a factor too, and if the ball is too far forward you will be turning back in before you get to it.

A decent pro will spot the problem in 2 swings.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you stand too close that would certainly encourage a more upright backswing, but be careful you dont end up standing too far away

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I had this problem and my pro got me to do this drill before every shot, set up over the ball and swing the club up above your head and then make your swing from that position but make Ur self swing extremely into out . I don't know if that made sense but it works wonders for me .