Other interests/hobbies

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Picking up on MVP's post about darts
What current hobbies/interests do you have? and story behind them

Current Football (watching, legs shot to pieces from playing)
Rugby Union (same as above)
Koi Keeping (always had an affinity with water, plan to retire to a boat.
D.I.Y (recently built a two storey extension to home. have build koi ponds currently stand at 28, purely as an hobby and a release from the grind_
Cooking (can't do plain, like to be flambuoyant, always helped late mother with baking)

tincup

Head Pro
Visit site
Pool (captain of local pool team, currently top of league)
Football (play sundays for local team, used to play saturdays aswell but didnt have enough time to dedicate to golf)
Reading GM forum obviously

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gym 5 times a week, mostly weights and little cardio

Rugby coaching 2 nights a week, do my cardio here

Golf 1 evening and play on Friday morning

Ain't got time for anything else.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I used to do trackdays in my old 16v Cordoba Coupe at the likes of curborough, alconbury and bruntingthorpe with seatcupra.net. still go and spectate at local club run ones. Golf takes up most of my hobby time so when I joined up to be a full member since my 6 year lay off I sold off my trackday 2.0 8v tweaked nova that I had almost finished building. I regret selling up now as it would have been a hell of a car.

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
been match fishing for about thirty years but its all about the social side these days.
watching the lad play footie (semi pro)but he's starting to lose interst now.
passed my big bike test two years ago and still haven't got round to getting a bike yet.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not much now I've packed in the football and darts. Tend to play golf most weekends (or go to the range to work on the things that have let me down). Watch football - well Fulham so its loosely connected with football. Not much really - apart from trying to get my magazine idea working and writing a book

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Photography was my main thing, quite serious as well, won a few awards and was commissioned to do a few jobs from industrial stuff, weddings to the British Superbikes. Wrote a few racing related articles for various publications over the years and I got to know a few of the famous, still close friends with one or two as well.

Had dabble at web design a few years ago but it took up too much time although I made and still maintain a web site for an very successful former professional racer and good friend...Jim Moodie

I still like music and I used to be into Hi Fi although my system is a little out of date and needs upgrading.

Golf is my main thing and I now have three grandchildren that keeps me busy if I’m not playing……….I don’t get to see them that often then........ :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'll get some photos up here to show off.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like watching football...used to play but not now.
Playing on xbox/ps3
Spain... i like spanish art, football, drink , culture in general . Plus im learning the language.
Darts
I like basketbal too th dont get time to play much

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Home educating the Kids.(necessity and hobby)

Dog Training. Used to do working trials when I left army in 83 through to around 2003. Now I just do it for the dogs enjoyment non-competitive and to have a well disciplined animal.Also teach the kids dog handling, both of whom can work the dog through many tasks quite well, and pick up an understanding of the dog, its needs etc.

Oh did I mention Golf?

Star watching. Took it up mainly for the kids but love it. My kids have seen a very clear image through telescope of Jupiter/Saturn and resonable images of others. they love it perhaps because they can stay up really late out in a field somewhere counting the satelites and naming constellations as well as being little buggers sometimes.
lol.Building an orery weekly from Solar system magazines is good fun too.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For me i now watch as opposed to playing what was and still is my first love--Hurling the fastest and most skilful field game in the world.
I also enjoy Gaelic Football, soccer and rugby.

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Playing poker (renting a villa in vegas for a month in summer 09!!)

and I play football for my university and on a saturday.

That's pretty much it, but I kinda do the above like more or else every day of the week, so it doesn't leave me enough time for anything else. I used to play table tennis to a decent standard, but other things came first.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I play football 3 times a week and was playing rugby as well up until about a month ago, though the rugby was less competitive / a lower standard but I love the game. I also like just going out and doing the usual things people do like pubs/clubs etc. I also go to the gym a couple of times a week if i can whilst also playing golf at least once a week unless there is an extreme reason as to why I can't.

And through giving up sleep I also manage to get my study in (Im a student) and work 12 hours a week to fund the habits. ;)

It's all good fun!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive recently (last year) bought myself a bridge/dslr camera and am starting to get the bug. Im nowhere near proficient with it though so itll be a while yet before I upgrade to an out and out dslr.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Very nice, I like the tones on the kiddy pics, mine are sometimes a little washed out looking. I think I can see a photography thread coming up shortly!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Damn, Tomo21 - it's photographs like the one of the grass that make me feel like chucking my camera in the bin...

Other hobbies
Photography (or used to be :()
Cricket in summer - bowling esp - best figures 4 overs, 5 wickets for 1 run
Any kind of logic puzzle that keeps the brain active

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Other hobbiew apart from golf are darts,beer going to good clubs and trying to make a bit of music/remixing and playing on me decks i rubbish buts all good fun,normal 25 yr old hobbies