Optishot System

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

Thinking about purchasing an Optishot system for my new man cave.

Has anyone got any reviews on them?

If anyone is selling one, please let me know, I'll take it too.

Cheers

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A great piece of kit, especially for the money. Plenty of good courses available so the potential for good times with your mates and a few beers. Technically informative too, measures swing path and impact angles and you don't have to hit real balls as it measures the club head. The graphics are superb and you can even hear the birds sing!

If I were you I would grab one now. Right now! And it just so happens it's your lucky day. I have one I may be persuaded to part with, which is redundant since I bought Skytrak. I have tried to upload pictures but for some reason it won't let me off my phone. If you PM me with your email address I can try that way.

Mike07

Head Pro
Visit site
A great piece of kit, especially for the money. Plenty of good courses available so the potential for good times with your mates and a few beers. Technically informative too, measures swing path and impact angles and you don't have to hit real balls as it measures the club head. The graphics are superb and you can even hear the birds sing!

If I were you I would grab one now. Right now! And it just so happens it's your lucky day. I have one I may be persuaded to part with, which is redundant since I bought Skytrak. I have tried to upload pictures but for some reason it won't let me off my phone. If you PM me with your email address I can try that way.

How does it compare to skytrak? Worlds apart?

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
I see this is opitshot 1...how much would you be looking at mate?

Hardware is the same, only difference between Optishot 1 and 2 is the software. All Optishot 1 systems had a free software upgrade so it shouldn't make any difference. When you install the original software and start it for the first time it should auto update to the latest Optishot 2 software. The only real difference is online play, club calibration and a few cosmetic tweaks in the front end, the courses look and play exactly the same.

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
Cheers Simmb, Id imagine I should be okay on the Mac software, as Ive already download Optishot 2 from someone! ;)

Mac may actually be a bit of a different story. I am pretty sure the original software was PC only and to run it on Mac they had some sort of upgrade package which cost about $30. If you already have the software and it's the full version it should be ok, it only asks for the license key on install which is with the original disk and also stuck to the bottom of the swing pad.
The license key is also linked to any course purchases, so if Sweep has purchased any other courses you will also get them downloaded during the updates.

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mac may actually be a bit of a different story. I am pretty sure the original software was PC only and to run it on Mac they had some sort of upgrade package which cost about $30. If you already have the software and it's the full version it should be ok, it only asks for the license key on install which is with the original disk and also stuck to the bottom of the swing pad.
The license key is also linked to any course purchases, so if Sweep has purchased any other courses you will also get them downloaded during the updates.

Top man Simmb.

Ive asked him to keep hold of it for me, my next pay day is going to him ha!

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
Stolen software

Interesting

The Software is not any use without the hardware anyway. Also the PC and Mac versions appear on the dancin dogg website for download to registered users for free so I am a bit confused about the $30 Mac upgrade package now.

D

Deleted member 21445

I am selling my Optishot 2 Simulator with custom made golf mat if anyone is interested.
Screenshot_20180330-200355.jpg