Opinions: Sunningdale and Royal St. George's in March

makaveli

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I assume the guy I first met was the Secretary and he was fine as far as I was concerned. Like RSG before Xmas they don't make a fuss over you but just seem laid back. We did enjoy both courses and the food yesterday at RSG was top notch

I met the caddie master or the secretary, I don't remember, and he was very kind, the girl at the snack bar and the pro shop guy... not so much :D

makaveli

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Something I noticed at both RCP and RSG is that passing members asked you if you enjoyed your day; they seemed to have a certain pride in their course that extended to checking whether visitors enjoyed themselves.

As regards the OP, I would certainly recommend playing any of the courses mentioned at this time of year to take advantage of the reduced green fees

I noticed that too about the members at RSG on the course, they were all very kind!

S

Snelly

Sunningdale Old and New will be spectacular in March. Highly recommended. Just check on the course maintenance programme before you book. The greens are immaculate but they do get hollow-tined, dressed etc so avoid a time when this is occurring.

And the lunch is pretty good there too. Also check the bin-ends on the wine list as there are often bargains. You may find a decent Amarone at a fair price! :)

makaveli

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My friend has just finished 36 at Sunningdale, he was very lucky, it has been a great and sunny day! Course was a bit wet he said and greens were very hard! :D

He had a great day!!