Open normal open

Mjc1981

Visit site
First time poster here so be gentle.

I have been suffering from inconsistency in my strike of the ball. Some fanning off to the right and low power. Some great connections but big pull to the left. I have recorded my swing, and at quarter swing, my club face is open, it's in a good neutral position at the top, and then open again on the way down. I'm guessing sometimes I manage to square it up on impact through blind luck. Club face never mirrors spine position in the swing.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I have to say a fine looking swing overall, well done.
But there are 2 things I'd like see improve.
One I'll save for later.
The first thing I spotted (and you mentioned it) is the open clubface on the backswing.
Compare your clubface with Luke Donald below

Project0fti.jpg
I think you will see a big improvement in dispersion if you stop rolling your wrists and keep the toe pointing down longer in the backswing.
Good effort though(y)

Mjc1981

Visit site
A couple of hundred balls later and this started to feel a bit normal. A definite improvement in consistency and grouping of shots!!

Mjc1981

Visit site
Been working hard on it this week. Any feedback greatly appreciated 👍🏻 feel I'm dropping inside on the way down quite alot, but that might just been because of the change in club face/wrist angle

Mjc1981

Visit site
Huge!! Feel like I am rotating my shoulders and torso more to counteract the wrist roll. First movement away also feels all body and little wrist movement. Feels a bit cramped up on left arm at impact though.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The test will be trusting it when you use it on the course.
It may not work straight away as your body will be trying to do the old swing but persevere.
If it works on the range, it will work on the course.

Mjc1981

Visit site

Put in this side view today. Played Saturday and almost every iron shot with a huge pull hook....started left and went left. Really focused on coming down I side and not rolling the wrists but it was terrible. Got better back 9 as I adjusted where I aimed, but not a happy camper lol. Struggling to see where I'm going wrong o_O

Mjc1981

Visit site
Yes this was the best and last one of the group.
Here is the full 3 shots. First 2 left of target (2nd one was way left).

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd like to see the shaft where the red line is, it looks too inside and cramped at impact.
Also the clubface is closed at the top of your backswing. That would explain the ball starting left

Untitled bb.png