One of those again

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks.

I would have thought that every committee will eventually move to submitting scores via an electronic scorecard. Saves having to manually check scores. You can use a paper card during the round, but the hole scores you submit into the App or terminal is the "official" record.
The Rules of Golf would need to change to do that I would think.
But no dought it will happen eventually.

yandabrown

Visit site
Not sure why the apps can't allow me to photo the card and then use OCR to read it for me, I then just confirm it's right or make the odd adjustment if my writing is that bad.

sunshine

Visit site

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not according to Jim's post above:

The Committee may require players to use a scorecard other than a paper scorecard (such as an electronic form of scorecard), but the Committee has no authority to impose a penalty under Rule 3.3b(2) for failing to enter scores elsewhere.
We basically have this system now.
We fill in a card but the only way to submit is via IG app.
Put your scores in upload photo then put your card in the bin.
There is no other way to put your card in a box or PSI screen in the clubhouse.

sunshine

Visit site
We basically have this system now.
We fill in a card but the only way to submit is via IG app.
Put your scores in upload photo then put your card in the bin.
There is no other way to put your card in a box or PSI screen in the clubhouse.

In this scenario, the paper card is still the official scorecard, which is why you have to photo it. Entering your scores in the app is just helping the committee administer the competition / handicaps.

If the committee specified the app / psi screen was the official record it would make life easier as you wouldn't need to take a photo of the card and the competition secretary could just use the data in IG to sort out scores.

We had the same process with IG, card in the bin after you had uploaded a photo. I've not played in a comp since 18 July, but I understand since 19 July we need to put the card in the box again. Doesn't bother me just seems like more work for the organisers :rolleyes:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In this scenario, the paper card is still the official scorecard, which is why you have to photo it. Entering your scores in the app is just helping the committee administer the competition / handicaps.

If the committee specified the app / psi screen was the official record it would make life easier as you wouldn't need to take a photo of the card and the competition secretary could just use the data in IG to sort out scores.

We had the same process with IG, card in the bin after you had uploaded a photo. I've not played in a comp since 18 July, but I understand since 19 July we need to put the card in the box again. Doesn't bother me just seems like more work for the organisers :rolleyes:
Yes but the electronic score cards are light years away imo.
We have trouble with WiFi signals now.

In the future your clubs will have sensors in them and will upload every shot live you will just need to scan your retina to sign for it.
Can’t see me seeing that though;)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To err is human, to really screw things up you need an app :confused:
or the person using it judging by 'the unfulfilled scores' (players who signed up using the EG app then failed to submit a score) report we printed off yesterday.

Just how do you complete 4 rounds in a day, 3 of which start with 5 minutes of each other?

sunshine

Visit site
Yes but the electronic score cards are light years away imo.
We have trouble with WiFi signals now.

I was thinking something much more simple: Complete the paper scorecard during the round, then submit it via the terminal in the clubhouse. Marker verifies it on the terminal. The electronic score is the official record not the piece of card. Or follow the same process on the app (IG app is set up to allow this).

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was thinking something much more simple: Complete the paper scorecard during the round, then submit it via the terminal in the clubhouse. Marker verifies it on the terminal. The electronic score is the official record not the piece of card. Or follow the same process on the app (IG app is set up to allow this).
Well that’s what we had pre COVID . More or less.
Only winning cards checked. The rest binned.
But the IG app has just replaced the PSI because of WHS.
It’s the guys with no smartphone or WiFi that are struggling to conform to the app only.