One of those again

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have had a couple of emails from HDID this summer congratulating one of our members on getting a hole in one on the 18th. It's a 385 yard par 4.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of our Ladies who is lucky to score more than about 12 points off her 50+ handicap recently submitted a score for 30+ points. Yep - she'd entered her points not gross score...usually we're too soft on such errors but she did get a DQ which I think was fair...how on earth didn't she notice?!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of our Ladies who is lucky to score more than about 12 points off her 50+ handicap recently submitted a score for 30+ points. Yep - she'd entered her points not gross score...usually we're too soft on such errors but she did get a DQ which I think was fair...how on earth didn't she notice?!

just one problem with that, if the card was correct it is not a DQ. It just needs to be corrected which is very important these days with the WHS and the players score being uploaded.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
just one problem with that, if the card was correct it is not a DQ. It just needs to be corrected which is very important these days with the WHS and the players score being uploaded.

Good point - I'm not on the committee (thank goodness) so not sure how accurate the card was...I'll mention it though.

sunshine

Visit site

How does that work? Say I score 4 for 2 points on the 1st. And then I enter my score as 2, and then keep making the same mistake for the other 17 holes. I've entered a lower score on each hole than I actually achieved so isn't that a DQ?

Or are you saying that as long as I signed for the correct gross score on my paper scorecard, what I key into the app / clubhouse terminal is irrelevant?

Thanks

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or are you saying that as long as I signed for the correct gross score on my paper scorecard, what I key into the app / clubhouse terminal is irrelevant?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
I think that’s correct !
Anything more than the card is not required under the ROG.
Terms of competition is different.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

nah then Jim this may help me with a misdemeanour today. I filled in the IG app today and also a score card. I clicked on the IG app to say I had shot a 92.As soon as I entered the score I thought tit. I had put on my PP scorecard, as had the player who marked mine a 93. I had shot a 7 on the 16th yet put 6 on the IG app. We have to enter the cards and I highlighted the right score on the card as against what I had entered on the Ig app. My card was right, My IG app score was wrong.
So does it not mean a DQ.
That said I don’t think it’s going to affect prize money, but may affect handicap.
plus every days a skool day

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How does that work? Say I score 4 for 2 points on the 1st. And then I enter my score as 2, and then keep making the same mistake for the other 17 holes. I've entered a lower score on each hole than I actually achieved so isn't that a DQ?

Thanks

Worth remembering that the person checking the cards verses the computer is not likely to go through every card for individual holes being correct , we only do it for potential winners and near winners.

Where there is a clear error as in the OP the club should correct all the scores.

Interpretations
3.3b(2)/1 – Players Are Required to Enter Only Scores on a Scorecard

There is a difference between requiring players to enter a score for a round into a computer (such as for handicapping purposes) and being required to enter hole scores using an electronic form of scorecard approved by the Committee (such as a mobile scoring application).

The Committee may require players to use a scorecard other than a paper scorecard (such as an electronic form of scorecard), but the Committee has no authority to impose a penalty under Rule 3.3b(2) for failing to enter scores elsewhere.

However, to help in administrative matters (such as the efficient production and communication of competition results), a Committee may apply a penalty under a Code of Conduct (Rule 1.2b) or provide disciplinary sanctions (such as revoking entry into the next competition) for failing to enter scores elsewhere.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
nah then Jim this may help me with a misdemeanour today. I filled in the IG app today and also a score card. I clicked on the IG app to say I had shot a 92.As soon as I entered the score I thought tit. I had put on my PP scorecard, as had the player who marked mine a 93. I had shot a 7 on the 16th yet put 6 on the IG app. We have to enter the cards and I highlighted the right score on the card as against what I had entered on the Ig app. My card was right, My IG app score was wrong.
So does it not mean a DQ.
That said I don’t think it’s going to affect prize money, but may affect handicap.
plus every days a skool day

Personally when I do this I go in to the office straight away to get it corrected.
If I cannot do this I would attach a note to the card to ask for it to be corrected.

See post #17

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Personally when I do this I go in to the office straight away to get it corrected.
If I cannot do this I would attach a note to the card to ask for it to be corrected.

See post #17
I noticed my score had been changed on the IG app so the office got my answerphone message. Theres a chance I could of won something if I had not said out. But that wouldn't of sat right at all.

sunshine

Visit site
Worth remembering that the person checking the cards verses the computer is not likely to go through every card for individual holes being correct , we only do it for potential winners and near winners.

Where there is a clear error as in the OP the club should correct all the scores.

Interpretations
3.3b(2)/1 – Players Are Required to Enter Only Scores on a Scorecard

There is a difference between requiring players to enter a score for a round into a computer (such as for handicapping purposes) and being required to enter hole scores using an electronic form of scorecard approved by the Committee (such as a mobile scoring application).

The Committee may require players to use a scorecard other than a paper scorecard (such as an electronic form of scorecard), but the Committee has no authority to impose a penalty under Rule 3.3b(2) for failing to enter scores elsewhere.

However, to help in administrative matters (such as the efficient production and communication of competition results), a Committee may apply a penalty under a Code of Conduct (Rule 1.2b) or provide disciplinary sanctions (such as revoking entry into the next competition) for failing to enter scores elsewhere.

Thanks.

I would have thought that every committee will eventually move to submitting scores via an electronic scorecard. Saves having to manually check scores. You can use a paper card during the round, but the hole scores you submit into the App or terminal is the "official" record.