One for the Gm team

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure if this could be feasible or not

Whilst laying awake in theearly hours thinking about prizes for the meet on June 21st. I was juggling a few ideas.

I have attended a few and the rewards are variable from shilds, trophies to balls, clubs, alcohol.

So what do we all think about when deciding or is it a case of going with the flow

OR

Would it be possible for GM to logo some goods.... balls, towels,caps, gloves, pitch mark repairers etc... and "sell" them in a sort of on line forum "meet" prize shop.
They would be something unique and worth keeping.

Balls etc get worn or lost.
Bottles of spirits get drunk (fairly rapidly in my case, don't think the 2 bottles I won at Goswick saw the week out)
Plaques and trophies can be bought at any trophy store and anyone could buy one and get it inscribed, hell I could be a world cup winner if I liked.

Just an idea, please dismiss it if it is either unworkable or just plain stupid.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would like to see some bespoke gear available for us 4umers. I think towels and the like would be quite popular.

I remember John_Findlay call us the

G.M.
Forum
User
Golf
Society

or

GM FUGS for short.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it was Homer who came up with the idea of G.M.forum Golf bag tags,and yes i would like to be seen in public with one of these. ;) ;) ;)

I think it was Madandra who came up with the idea in the first place but it is a good one.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sadly I can't claim the good idea of the bag tags and pretty sure it was madandra. I can see the merit in the idea but from a GM point of view I'm wondering about initial costs, quantities etc. The last thing they'd want is to order loads of gear and be left with it after intial interest wanes.

I thought we were looking at some GM logo shirts for the Golf Magic match next year. Maybe we can get those organised earlier and order ourselves

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Keef
let me know how you get on with the quote - we can also have a look from this end too