One Course In Leeds

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So it's looking like Huddersfield on the way up and Moor Allerton when there. I'll look for something close by for the return (although I like Pike Fold and may go for that).
Now then, pubs to frequent when there. Any suggestions? Oh and by pubs I mean proper pubs, with dart board, pool table and good beer. This last bit is a MUST.

Where are you staying?

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
City Gate, Wellington St, Leeds LS3 1LW

Premier Inn? You've got about a 5ish minutes walk into town.

There are still quite a lot of proper pubs but not sure you'll find many dart boards or pool tables in them, you might have to settle for just really good beer. Whitelocks, The Ship, Pack Horse, Angel - are all together really just off the headrow. Head of Steam, Brewery Tap, Griffin, Tapped, Scarborough are all near the station.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Premier Inn? You've got about a 5ish minutes walk into town.

There are still quite a lot of proper pubs but not sure you'll find many dart boards or pool tables in them, you might have to settle for just really good beer. Whitelocks, The Ship, Pack Horse, Angel - are all together really just off the headrow. Head of Steam, Brewery Tap, Griffin, Tapped, Scarborough are all near the station.

Cheers. Beer and discussions on the days golf. and more then likely the World Cup will do.

ChrisB0210

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Huddersfield may be a tad expensive. Anyone played Halifax and Bradley? Good reviews elsewhere.
Halifax Bradley Hall or Halifax Ogden? Both are OK but HBH is a marmite course, people tend to love or hate as front 9 isn't to everyone's liking. Ogden is decent, but very exposed to the elements, so if the weather's not great, you'll definitely know about it!

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Alwoodley is my favourite course in Yorkshire. Gorgeous course and club, and actually quite reasonable prices for what you get. £25 green fee if you know a member 😉

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Alwoodley is my favourite course in Yorkshire. Gorgeous course and club, and actually quite reasonable prices for what you get. £25 green fee if you know a member 😉
Yes, just over the fence from my course, The Alwoodley takes good care of its members. Whilst I'd pretty much agree about its rating, I'd say its a tad behind Ganton

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Alwoodly, Moore Allerton and Mooretown are the 3 I have played.
Mooretown is nostalgic and a great course, but actually preferred Alwoodly as a course. Moore Allerton great value for money. 3 loops of 9 if you want to make a longer day out of it. Great friendly clubhouse. Greens were wonderful when we played it as well!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Halifax Bradley Hall or Halifax Ogden? Both are OK but HBH is a marmite course, people tend to love or hate as front 9 isn't to everyone's liking. Ogden is decent, but very exposed to the elements, so if the weather's not great, you'll definitely know about it!

I enjoyed the front nine personally.

Huddersfield Fixby is a lovely course.