One Course In Leeds

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not a million miles from Leeds is Pannal south of Harrogate. A great course.

True.... Pannal is good in Summer but a bit of a trek from S Leeds.
For me, your best balance of cost against quality (going by considerable local knowledge, though I haven't priced it out), for a Summer Visit to Leeds is....
Howley Hall - (10mins off M62... trad. Members Club with good variety, & super fast greens)
Headingley - (3rd best course in Leeds IMO, improved out of recognition in the last 2 years due to them 'acquiring' a green-keeper who was trained at Augusta, which has given the Club the confidence to spend many £1,000's/possibly 10's of, removing trees & scrub to open-up vistas & aid drainage.... a bold & IMO forward move). I played it just last week on full grass tees & greens & was as playable as any course in the area, given the weather we've had.
MoorAllerton or Sandmoor - Probably the former due to price, though the latter is a better winter/wet weather option
Cleckheaton & District Golf Club - on your way back (MGC is too dear at £60) whereas this place using 2fore1 vouchers will cheapen your trip to allow Howley Hall @ £25/£35 to be included.
The last few years The Alwoodley have offered a few Twilight rounds at £40'ish but they go super fast as it's the best in the area.... Moortown?? you really need to do it as an Open & they sell out quick unless you are local & can take an early tee... still £40 each or so!!

We're spoilt for good golf around the Leeds area..... whereas the footie !! :rofl: is another story :whistle:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You get what you pay for, keeps the idiots at bay :)

If you speak to the club they do good round & food packages, I think for 12 or more, at considerably less than £60.

Well... not all of them!! :rofl:

Louise is correct & not one of them! ......Best in that area...... & Opens just £20 notes

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
And so the chosen course(s) for the three day trip are............

drum roll........

Sunday - Rochdale
Monday - Shipley
Tuesday - Denton

Total cost for the three.........£56 !

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And so the chosen course(s) for the three day trip are............

drum roll........

Sunday - Rochdale
Monday - Shipley
Tuesday - Denton

Total cost for the three.........£56 !

Lovely course is Shipley but it's a good 30 minutes or more dependent on traffic from Leeds City centre.