Ombudsman

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would advise anyone to use the Ombudsman if they have a grievance with a company and can’t get the matter resolved.

After 6 months of frustration and anger trying to resolve a problem with a certain power provider I contacted the Ombudsman.

I have just heard my complaint has been upheld and the matter has been resolved to my satisfaction, as soon as they took over my complaint a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

They were brilliant helping me and can’t recommend them enough.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I second that. I had a problem with being billed for someone else's electric meter. I tried to get it resolved with the Big Gas company and after a years worth of being on hold, being cut off, being made promises that were never kept I took it to the Ombudsman who had it sorted in weeks and was refunded three years of electricity bills. Great service

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
After months of arguing with a big power company I gave the complaint to the Ombudsman. Brilliant support from them, found in our favour and £1,200 back to us.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you have a complaint with the Financial Services sector that you have referred the the Ombudsman, don't hold your breath. About 8 months in now - but I do get monthly updates, and I quote ...

"I am writing to provide you with an update on your complaint.
I am currently still looking into your complaint and once I have an answer for you, I will be in touch."

Good news is that, although this is now the 3rd person dealing with the complaint, she has been on the case for at least 3 months!! It's not even anything complicated - just very bad service.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Just to point out that you can't refer to OFGEM until your supplier (in my case BG) without going through the correct process (OFGEM Complaint Process).
I had to do this as, when we moved house BG totally biffed up the process and didn't take a DD off us for three months. They changed who billed you and I was caught in the middle. It was frustrating and involved many calls from me speaking to different people every time who never got back to you.
In the end, I referred it to OFGEM and it was resolved pretty quickly with compensation. Thank goodness they were there as the amount of stress it was causing me was massive.
But just be aware of the process.