Old Driver vs new

Prodavid116

Visit site
So fairly new to Golf and have been using an old driver with small head size however would it be easier using the Simmax as it has a big difference in Head Size ? I just didn’t want to walk through the range with it and look like a tit when I struggle?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So fairly new to Golf and have been using an old driver with small head size however would it be easier using the Simmax as it has a big difference in Head Size ? I just didn’t want to walk through the range with it and look like a tit when I struggle?
Why the Sim Max - unless you already have one - if so then I don't see why not. I doubt very much if it'll be harder to hit - I'd have thought the opposite in fact - however the club experts on here will know if there is anything particularly tricky or difficult about the Sim Max that would make it unsuitable for you. I moved from an old small-headed Callaway steelhead to a Ping G10 - and no problems whatsoever - and after a short while I got hitting it and it turned out great...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never worry how you look to other golfers, unless you are wearing loudmouth trousers at which point everyone is shaking their heads at you ?.

What is your current, small headed, driver? We can't compare if we don't know what we are comparing against.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The head of a sim will be easier to hit imo.
The big difference is in the shaft.
Shafts now are so superior to older ones.
This is where you may see a big difference in spin.
Lack of side spin is a good thing .
What shafts are in your old and new clubs.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
its a Wilson X31
I've googled it and that model seems to cover a number of versions. Based on your comment about its age I have half an idea of what it is and I think a new model will help big time. The Simmax is brand spanking new so there will be cheaper, slightly older, options available that will make equally as big a difference. However, if you fancy it then crack on.