Oi Capello, Nooooooooooooo

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Jack Wilshere? No way.

Anyone playing for the squatters should be made to play for france IMO.

He will just disappear into the background like yesterdays A*senal "stars of the future".

No chance this guy is special he will be a legend he is so much better than Fabregas was at his age and he is English.

Hence the reason he won't get a game at the Arse..... :D :D :D

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing every week at Spurs? I think i'll stick with Modric.

Although,your old dear might not be out of luck,she can't be any worse than Eboue or Diaby. She got a decent pass on her?

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
:D

Unfortunatly Modric is out for a while it would have been good to see him play a whole season he looks good, last night would not have been as easy for England if he was there. Should be a good season though, but watch out for Jack he will be a superstar.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Modric will be back in about 5-6 weeks hopefully. We will miss him big time. He is irreplacable.

The bits i have seen of Wilshere,he does look a good prospect. I know he's only 17 but i'm surprised he wasn't sent out on loan to a championship side or someone like Burnley. Would have done him good. Better than 10 mins here & there & a run out in the Carling cup.

Anyway,back to the topic,Heskey is toilet.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't get the slating of Stuart Downing, I presume those that have are predominately soutern based who get their opinions from the southern biased media.

Stuart Downing is a very, very good player. The best English left winger there is.

That said I'm not sure he is international class but still the best option if England want to play a traditional 4-4-2.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't get the slating of Stuart Downing, I presume those that have are predominately soutern based who get their opinions from the southern biased media.

Stuart Downing is a very, very good player. The best English left winger there is.

That said I'm not sure he is international class but still the best option if England want to play a traditional 4-4-2.

I can't speak for others that don't rate him but i,personally,don't need to read a newspaper to know that when Downing has played for England,he has been awful.

He's made 1 competetive start under Capello,against the mighty Andorra,and got taken off at half time. Half of his caps came under McClaren & the less said about his spell,the better.

Ashley Young is a better option there & he hasn't got a left foot either.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So you've based your opinion on a few games he has played when the crowd have been at him and the players, notibly Ashley Cole have not passed the ball to him.

The problem with English football is that fans don't give the players chance to settle.

Unfortunatly for Downing it forced him back into his shell.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
So you've based your opinion on a few games he has played when the crowd have been at him and the players, notibly Ashley Cole have not passed the ball to him.

The problem with English football is that fans don't give the players chance to settle.

Yes how unfare basing your opinion of him on when he was playing football on the big stage, when any footballer worth his salt would raise there game and play there best. He got shouted at by the noisey fans and naughty Cashley didn't pass to him and he got scared and was unable to play good :D

Downing is rubbish unable to do it when it matters get over it

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I don't see why everyone is slating Heskey, the manager knows he doesnt score many goals but we don't need him to as we have scoring options all over the park. Heskey gives the team a good targetman who opens up play for others, something no other English striker can do.

I have to agree this MUST be the answer because otherwise there's NO WAY you'd want Heskey anywhere remotely near the pitch, or even the stadium - unless it was to sell ice creams :)

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
More than Boro' fans,it seems
icon_lol.gif

It's not just Yids who think Heskey & Downing are cack,Parmo. Can see you'd be a right laugh sitting in the pub debating football...someone disagrees & apparently they know nothing about the subject. Pathetic.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Oooooh,that edit was quick lol

Do you seriously believe Downing will be ahead of Gerrard,Joe Cole etc?

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com

Yes how unfare basing your opinion of him on when he was playing football on the big stage, when any footballer worth his salt would raise there game and play there best. He got shouted at by the noisey fans and naughty Cashley didn't pass to him and he got scared and was unable to play good :D

Downing is rubbish unable to do it when it matters get over it

Calling Cole "Cashley" just shows how little you know about football. Bloody sheep.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
icon_lol.gif

It's not just Yids who think Heskey & Downing are cack,Parmo. Can see you'd be a right laugh sitting in the pub debating football...someone disagrees & apparently they know nothing about the subject. Pathetic.

No time for ya mate.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
icon_lol.gif

No time for ya mate.

Well stop replying then & go & feed the whippets.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
icon_lol.gif

No time for ya mate.

I would talk in the pub for a bit of banter but I know you would nurse a half a coke for 90 minutes.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Oooooh,that edit was quick lol

Do you seriously believe Downing will be ahead of Gerrard,Joe Cole etc?

No, but I think Downing gives the team a different dimension in terms of quick crosses, something Cole and Milner don't do as Milner is easy to read as he can't use his left foot and needs to switch, which everyone knows. Milners last two games as a sub have been hopeless, at least Downing has experience and has created England goals. Downing was a total scapegoat under McClown.

Heskey as I have said did the job of Targetman and we started winning even under McClown with Heskey in the team. I am not saying he is the best just that England always perform better with him rather than two small stikers wondering around the pitch clueless.

iwtuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
icon_lol.gif

No time for ya mate.

I would talk in the pub for a bit of banter but I know you would nurse a half a coke for 90 minutes.

Blimey Parmo,

Glad that round today calmed you down fella ! ;) ;)