Oi Capello, Nooooooooooooo

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Despite a good result I have to ask.

WHY is Heskey still starting for England?

He spends 99% of his time either on the floor, offside or a combination of both.

He couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo and for a "big man up front" he has the comparative strength of a gnat when it comes to holding off defenders.

Heskey is crap, pure and utter crap and I dont understand how he plays in the premiership, let alone for England.

He is no more than a big lumbering cart-horse.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Oh and the other thing.

Peter Crouch does the same job, he does it a lot better and he also has something called skill, something heskey does not.

Peter Crouch can head the ball, he can score goals plentifully and most importantly he doesnt look like a total clown as he can stay on his feet.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Nothing to do with him playing for Spurs then.... :D :D

To be fair I think Heskey's time has come and gone too. He's had his chance and hasn't really delivered. Now we've qualified it wouldn't surprise me to see the likes of Crouch, Defoe, Milner and some other fringe players starting the next 2 - give them a bit more experience.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I used to feel the same about John Barnes.
Apart from a good goal he scored against Brazil, I always used to think the bloke was a waste of space.
Never could see how he made the line up every bloody time

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Heskey opens play & holds the ball up and brings in other players which Defoe & Crouch don't do. Heskey is a target man and playing 4-4-2 you need him, Defeo is good off the bench and he should stay there as it has been proven that we need a strong forward alongside Rooney.

EDIT: Milner is shite, Downing will be back and in form by the WC and Milner wont get a chance.

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Heskey is useless, but not sure who the alternative target man is. Crouch, for someone who's 6 foot 7, is awful in the air, he's better on the deck. He's not good enough to start.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I don't see why everyone is slating Heskey, the manager knows he doesnt score many goals but we don't need him to as we have scoring options all over the park. Heskey gives the team a good targetman who opens up play for others, something no other English striker can do.

Fore

Head Pro
Visit site
Assuming Capello wants to play big man-little man up front i would have thought Carlton Cole would do Heskey's job as well as anyone. Jermaine Defoe should be used as a back up to Rooney to maintain the balance.

iwtuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Milner is shite, Downing will be back and in form by the WC and Milner wont get a chance.

Downing is possibly the worst player to represent England since Carlton Palmer....Milner is as skillfull, more powerful and can actually deliver a final cross, plus he has the ability to stay on his feet, unlike lightweight Downing....

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
The big lumbering forward seems to be a tradition, but go back far enough and the best in this role was Bobby Smith - brutal in the box. Heskey has never had the mindset, but as long he has an England shirt I'd like to see him score.

Crouch amazes me as I'm always expecting him to end up in a tangle of legs on the deck, yet somehow he stays on his feet. Big but, I'm not convinced. Admittedly I don't watch a lot of football but I've rarely seen him when he doesn't get the ball tangled up.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I think the reason he plays Heskey rather than Crouch is Heskey does what he is told and stays forward as a target man. Crouch tries to come and take the ball from midfield moves to either flank and generally thinks he is better than he is.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Heskey opens play & holds the ball up and brings in other players which Defoe & Crouch don't do. Heskey is a target man and playing 4-4-2 you need him, Defeo is good off the bench and he should stay there as it has been proven that we need a strong forward alongside Rooney.

EDIT: Milner is shite, Downing will be back and in form by the WC and Milner wont get a chance.

Heskey opens play & holds the ball up? When was this? His first touch is utterly pathetic. If you think Heskey does a better job at holding the ball up than Crouch,you are blind.

Also,Downing will be back & in form for the world cup? Behave. Downing is a terrible footballer!! Gerrard & Joe Cole will be picked ahead of him for the left side & they're not even left footed. Says it all.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Heskey opens play & holds the ball up? When was this? His first touch is utterly pathetic. If you think Heskey does a better job at holding the ball up than Crouch,you are blind.

Capello doesn't think so

The left side of midfield will be taken by Jack Wilshere he will be a bigger star than Rooney and Beckham put together so it doesn't matter what Joe Cole or Stuart Downing do.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You're right,Capello obviously doesn't think so. The game is all about opinions though isn't it and seeing Heskey miss more easy chances yet again last night,aswell as constantly falling over & generally having the touch of a rapist,mine isn't going to change.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think Capello will use fringe players in the last two matches to see what they offer. Personally I'd prefer Carlton Cole to Heskey. The problem Crouch has is that he's not getting regular first team football at Spurs which Capello seems to like (re Beckham looking for loan deals once the MLS season is over) but he may get a start so Capello can see him properly

I've not rated Heskey under any of the Englnad managers and find him frustrating the way he's often offside and for a big man is easily knocked off the ball. Sadly unless Capello has a change of heart and goes for two smaller strikers I fear he'll be in the team come next June

Fore

Head Pro
Visit site
Heskeys game has never been about scoring himself and his goals are generally thought of as a bonus. His strenght is posession in the opponents half and waiting for the cavalry to arrive.
I reckon Heskey may well not be playing as much for England now. It is time for someone to step up and take his place by the time the finals come around next year. I can't see it being Crouch though as he is a Donkey and definitely not England class.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Jack Wilshere? No way.

Anyone playing for the squatters should be made to play for france IMO.

He will just disappear into the background like yesterdays A*senal "stars of the future".

No chance this guy is special he will be a legend he is so much better than Fabregas was at his age and he is English.