Odd food combinations

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is what we were talking about in the staffroom yesterday, what odd food combination do yo love? my favourite is beans on toast with marmite on the toast, also love chocolate with cheese and onion crisps, odd I know.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Chili con carne with fresh parmesan cheese.
I would have that the parmesan went well the chili! As for odd I saw an elderly lady in Wetherspoon's ordering a prawn tapa with a cup of hot drinking chocolate.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
cheese and onion sandwich and tomato sauce is my fav. It came from having some really hot spring onions in it once and looked in vain for something to cool it down and could only find the tommy sauce

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Vig......Porridge on toast??How thick is your porridge,surely can't be very waterey,do you use salt or (yuk)sugar?
Why don't you cook it,freeze it and use it as and when you feel these odd cravings(are you preggers?)
My ex-wife loved raw carrots with salad cream and mustard!!
Me,I prefer white wine(if not available then hell,anything will do!! :p

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Anything from the chippy with tomato sauce and mayo.
My other favorite which I havent had in a while come to think of it is French toast (pan bread dipped in egg,milk and sugar done in a little butter in a pan) with either tomato sauce or ploughmans pickle mmmmmmmm.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Frencjh toast or eggy bread as we call it up't north.

Better is a souflette, cross between an omelette and souflette (sp) but far lighter.
Egg whites to stiff peak, fold in the yolks, add sugar.
Fry for 2 mins then under grill to brown the top..... yummy.
Can also have it savoury.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive really been watching what I have been eating this past 6 weeks due to a work bet (7 of us, 10 quid a head winner gets 20 quid and rest gets donated to charridy) so need to keep away from this kind of stuff, 1 stone off with no other major changes to my lifestyle other than an extra round of golf at the weekend starting from last week.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
In the part of Spain where I live a popular starter is a bowl of red kidney beans mixed wih cabbage. It's delicious and filling in winter but causes wind. OK if you're sleeping alone.