OB question

Six

Visit site
Hello,

Being fairly new to golf, i'm still learning the rules. I've attached a work of art depicting two holes on a course I plated, one with OB down the left and the other with OB down the right, both going towards greens that end up sharing a huge bunker.

My question is, on the picture i've drawn, where does OB end?? Does the final OB post signify that OB had ended, and does the fact that the last one has two posts next to each other specifically let you know that OB has ended?

Thanks,

Mike

Attachments

• Publication1.jpg
    Publication1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 54

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
check the back of the card, the local rules might clarify this.

Generally you are OB when you cross the line between two posts. Not all OB lines apply to every hole!

If OB applies to both holes then the OB stops where the last post stops. It seems they have put two close together at an angle to the rest of the OB line to avoid confusion and define the end.

If you crossed the line beyond the pair towards the green you are in bounds.

Happy golfing :)

Six

Visit site
Thanks - I kinda figured that was the case but a simple google search didn't enlighten me!

You say "If you crossed the line beyond the pair towards the green you are in bounds." so it would count as OB if my ball crossed before the final OB marker but ended up clearly past that final marker (i.e. well towards the green). In determining OB isn't it where the ball finally comes to rest rather than whether it crossed into OB during it's flight?

Thanks,

Mike

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks - I kinda figured that was the case but a simple google search didn't enlighten me!

You say "If you crossed the line beyond the pair towards the green you are in bounds." so it would count as OB if my ball crossed before the final OB marker but ended up clearly past that final marker (i.e. well towards the green). In determining OB isn't it where the ball finally comes to rest rather than whether it crossed into OB during it's flight?

Thanks,

Mike

You can go OB and then back in bounds, because it turns 90* away from the fairway it looks like it applies only to hole 18 (could be wrong on that) and anything before the turn is OB and anything past it is in bounds.
If you crossed before OB but ended up past the end of the OB then you are in bounds.