Numbers on the ball - mean anything to you ??

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
Right all, does using a certain number on a ball mean anything to you ? I know a lot of golfers are superstitious and will only use certain numbers on their ball.

For example I will only buy my pro v1 if they have the numbers 1-4, couldn't bring myself to use anything higher than a 4, also for competition play I always try and use a number 2 on the ball. The recent exeption being my midweek medal round on Tuesday, I used a number 3 ball and promptly 3 putted the 1st from about 3 feet :(. Said titleist was immediately launched into some nearby water and I vowed never to use a number 3 again.

Also I will only ever use a white wooden tee.

Anyone else have any quirks about ball numbers or superstitions in general.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought they only went upto number 4.

Dont realy have any superstitions, do like to use the same balls and tee's though for consistency!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Couldn’t care less about the numbers on a golf ball but I have to have music, TV etc all on a odd number? Very odd I know H.I.D finds it hilarious.

I have never seen a ball higher than a 3?

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My provisional ball always has a different number from the first one - just to distinguish should I manage to find them both in similar spots

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Other than knowing what it is for identification purposes I don't care - though am getting more fussy about playing better quality, but thats not a superstition thing.

D

Deleted member 1147

Number doesn't matter but I only use long, white, wooden tees.

Smudge

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Numbers dont really matter to me, but the other day i hit one so hard that it was a 3 on the tee but when i got to it in the rough it had changed to a 2!!!

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Other than knowing what it is for identification purposes I don't care - though am getting more fussy about playing better quality, but thats not a superstition thing.

Likewise, but I don't know why I want to use better balls. Part of me thinks that I play better with better quality balls, part of me thinks ahh that's another £2 lost in the trees, water etc. But the more expensive the ball, the better I'll generally play. Is it the ball making the difference or my head? :D

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't usually have a favourite, but I remember once having a storming round with a ProV1 No.8. Haven't seen any for sale since then, so I just buy any number. If they happen to have 8s then I would definitly buy them above the others.