Now I Never Knew That

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
...I just recently have understood the way the US electoral college system works and specifically how a couple of states don’t select their electors on a winner takes all basis - that’s why on a map of the US showing current dem or rep a couple of states aren’t blue or red - they are shown as blue/red stripes. Not making any comment whatsoever on the current situation - but just on how I never knew how it works, and why the striped states. So please - this is NOT for a political discussion this is simply something I did not know but do now. And that I find interesting and that others might also.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
...I just recently have understood the way the US electoral college system works and specifically how a couple of states don’t select their electors on a winner takes all basis - that’s why on a map of the US showing current dem or rep a couple of states aren’t blue or red - they are shown as blue/red stripes. Not making any comment whatsoever on the current situation - but just on how I never knew how it works, and why the striped states. So please - this is NOT for a political discussion this is simply something I did not know but do now. And that I find interesting and that others might also.
But if this results in an infraction being imposed I’ll be off the boards - so if it is contentious then remove it...just thought it was interesting

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

The history of the Electoral College is interesting. The Atlantic - Electoral College link

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
But if this results in an infraction being imposed I’ll be off the boards - so if it is contentious then remove it...just thought it was interesting

I find it... er, unusual that you didn't know. You did have the Trump thread running and discussed the election at length. Fairly sure you discussed the collegiate system in that.

Why are you even bringing this up when there's a ban on politics?

I'll be honest, I find your post disingenuous and another one of your backhanded political posts.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Reading about the Highland League Football Club Forres Mechanics.

I was surprised to learn that in the days of formation Mechanics were basically classed as artisans or anyone who worked with their hands.
I always thought that the Mechanics Institutes were to do with the advancements of engineers.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I find it... er, unusual that you didn't know. You did have the Trump thread running and discussed the election at length. Fairly sure you discussed the collegiate system in that.

Why are you even bringing this up when there's a ban on politics?

I'll be honest, I find your post disingenuous and another one of your backhanded political posts.
I didn’t know why two states were shown as red and blue stripes - that’s all. I know now.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Reading about the Highland League Football Club Forres Mechanics.

I was surprised to learn that in the days of formation Mechanics were basically classed as artisans or anyone who worked with their hands.
I always thought that the Mechanics Institutes were to do with the advancements of engineers.
There's a difference between a Mechanic and a Mechanical Engineer.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I posted this in things that gladden the heart

Prob should be here

Never new you could transfer your ncd to your spouse

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I posted this in things that gladden the heart

Prob should be here

Never new you could transfer your ncd to your spouse

That is a disgrace.

You can't transfer it to yourself, so why someone else?

I have two cars, one, 25 years ncd, the other, I have had to build from zip to 5 years. It's still me driving the flipping thing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is a disgrace.

You can't transfer it to yourself, so why someone else?

I have two cars, one, 25 years ncd, the other, I have had to build from zip to 5 years. It's still me driving the flipping thing.

I know weird you can't spilt it

But them the rules and is fair as how many people share cars and never get NCD

Plus NCD means jack at times

My father insuring himself on my old car to store at his for 4 months

£260 with zero no claims .. bargain