Never knew I had a muscle.. there. <rant>

V

vkurup

Played 9 holes at my local 9 hole course. It is a P33 (3xP3, 6xP4) course and has a lot of variations, so a great place to go if you are short of time. Last year when I started playing on the course I was shooting in the 50s. Yesterday, I carded my best ever with a 36. It could have been a lot better if 3 of the putts hadnt lipped out :eek:ne:

Anyways, woke up this morning and it seems I have pulled a muscle. Somewhere deep inside between the right lung and the liver. Never knew I had a muscle there, also because of the location, cant even apply any medicine.. Hurts on the backswing. Got a game on Wed with the club captain.. so this is not going to help..

Told the wifey that I might have pulled that muscle while I was out gardening. So looking to get a note from the Drs that I should avoid gardening and focus on golf.

(on a less frivolous point) This just shows the importance of warming up rather than running to the first tee from the car park. Also need to do some regular muscle building, looks like lifting a pint does not count as exercise. Anyone got any good golf exercise/dvd/website.

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played 9 holes at my local 9 hole course. It is a P33 (3xP3, 6xP4) course and has a lot of variations, so a great place to go if you are short of time. Last year when I started playing on the course I was shooting in the 50s. Yesterday, I carded my best ever with a 36. It could have been a lot better if 3 of the putts hadnt lipped out :eek:ne:

Anyways, woke up this morning and it seems I have pulled a muscle. Somewhere deep inside between the right lung and the liver. Never knew I had a muscle there, also because of the location, cant even apply any medicine.. Hurts on the backswing. Got a game on Wed with the club captain.. so this is not going to help..

Told the wifey that I might have pulled that muscle while I was out gardening. So looking to get a note from the Drs that I should avoid gardening and focus on golf.

(on a less frivolous point) This just shows the importance of warming up rather than running to the first tee from the car park. Also need to do some regular muscle building, looks like lifting a pint does not count as exercise. Anyone got any good golf exercise/dvd/website.

you must be kidding me?

I've been 'exercising' for 10 years...now i know why the only considerable change has been my gut

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have had the same issue, it comes from a poor technique swing where I compress the right side a little as I get too much on the inside. A good swing will not injure you, a bad one can!