Novax Djokivic

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wouldn't put it past him to try and get in without a vaccination again. Might be easier to lobby and get parliamentary support in Europe. Hopefully the French will stand firm and he'll get jabbed or doesn't play

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wouldn't put it past him to try and get in without a vaccination again. Might be easier to lobby and get parliamentary support in Europe. Hopefully the French will stand firm and he'll get jabbed or doesn't play
I think you're overlooking one or 2 things.....the French open is on clay, and Nadal is king there and the darling. Novax Djerkoffitch isn't that popular in comparison. Also Macron is trying to appear tough on lots of things, so I would suggest you have zero chance of the French letting him in on an exemption. In fact they're more likely to hold him out as an example of why you should be jabbed.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think you're overlooking one or 2 things.....the French open is on clay, and Nadal is king there and the darling. Novax Djerkoffitch isn't that popular in comparison. Also Macron is trying to appear tough on lots of things, so I would suggest you have zero chance of the French letting him in on an exemption. In fact they're more likely to hold him out as an example of why you should be jabbed.

Good points well made but can still see Mr Ego trying it on

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
How long would it take for ND to be fully vaccinated and boosted? I've lost track of the periods required medically between vaccinations.

He won't get vaxxed, but he could get two shots over a month or so, the approval labels for the vax have intervals of as little as 3 weeks. He would need to have the vax at least 2 weeks before he would be considered fully vaxxed. I didn't see if the definition of fully vaxxed requires a booster or not, but the booster usually needs an interval of 3 months.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How long would it take for ND to be fully vaccinated and boosted? I've lost track of the periods required medically between vaccinations.
I believe in Europe they are leaving 8 weeks between 1st and 2nd vaccines. Considering that the French Open starts in mid May, he has long enough.

Edit - Ethan has given a more accurate answer. The last part sticks though

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
He won't get vaxxed, but he could get two shots over a month or so, the approval labels for the vax have intervals of as little as 3 weeks. He would need to have the vax at least 2 weeks before he would be considered fully vaxxed. I didn't see if the definition of fully vaxxed requires a booster or not, but the booster usually needs an interval of 3 months.
Isn’t that country depending?

The science should be the same, but for example Germany has just changed the ‘recovered status’ from 6 months to 3 months. I think they were the only ones yet?

RichA

Visit site
He may struggle at the US Open too. A colleague has just returned from New York - COVID passport had to be shown to even order food at Ron's. Mask wearing on public transport was apparently 100% too, at least in the bits he went to.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reuters are reporting that Djokovic bought 80% of a Danish biotech firm, QuantBioRes, in 2020, aiming to develop a medical treatment against Covid.

Don't quite understand the logic of someone that doesn't want to get vaccinated investing in a company that is looking to develop a vaccine, assuming that's what a "medical treatment against Covid" is.

RichA

Visit site
Reuters are reporting that Djokovic bought 80% of a Danish biotech firm, QuantBioRes, in 2020, aiming to develop a medical treatment against Covid.

Don't quite understand the logic of someone that doesn't want to get vaccinated investing in a company that is looking to develop a vaccine, assuming that's what a "medical treatment against Covid" is.
Might be synthesising medical grade crystals.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

I took a look at the company and their area of research on the website. It is focussed on electromagnetism and the effect on biology. It is either groundbreaking quantum science or utter woo. A quick survey on doctors.net strongly favours the latter. It looks consistent with his rather unorthodox approach to science.