Novax Djokivic

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good on them

They had an Australian immigration lawyer on 5 live this morning

Its an open and shut case. Somebody (not Ness him) lied on his visa or gave false information about his visit to Spain

He said that's enough to deport someone and it's his responsibility to make sure this information is correct.

Not to mention his going out with covid and his general attuide to the entire situation.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Did I see a report of a possible 3 year ban from entering the country..?
Can't seem to find it now.....just found it on the BBC site..
Potential ban but could be waived...

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'll celebrate when he does finally get kicked out. But wow it will be some celebration. The neighbours will be complaining about the racket.

I know, I'll get my coat.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did I see a report of a possible 3 year ban from entering the country..?
Can't seem to find it now.....just found it on the BBC site..
Potential ban but could be waived...

From the reports I heard this morning (and from watching Border Control) it would appear that if you are deported from Australia then they can prevent you coming back for 3 years. I am guessing that this will be the basis of the conversation at the meeting on Satiurday, go quietly and with contrition and we will waive the 3 year ban.

still, with the sort of questions being asked over the test etc, I can see journalists digging in to this for a while yet.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Indeed, the 1st hearing/decision was purely about procedural glitch. The judge stated he should be released in the knowledge that Fed Gov could bounce him if they so wished - which they have now chosen to do.
Whether they ban him from further entry, as I believe they can, probably hasn't been decided/disclosed, but the discrepancies in the application and his actions wouldn't seem to be favourable for him.
Still can't understand his attitude to vaxination!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
He's gone totally down in my estimation on this. It will be interesting to see their next steps. If you make a false declaration, then you can be kicked out. It's up to the Aussies to decide how long that ban will be. If he has any sense, he should just now honourably withdraw. But I doubt he will.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brilliant news. His team couldn't fill out a form correctly. They most likely lied about him getting a positive test, didn't realise there were photos of him going out and about the day after, so they had to try and lie their way out of that one as well. An absolute mess of lies just because he didn't want to play by the rules. Don't have the jab if you don't want to, I don't care about that - just understand that it doesn't mean you can flout a country's rules and do what you want anyway. Hope he enjoys watching the open from home. :LOL:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Brilliant news. His team couldn't fill out a form correctly. They most likely lied about him getting a positive test, didn't realise there were photos of him going out and about the day after, so they had to try and lie their way out of that one as well. An absolute mess of lies just because he didn't want to play by the rules. Don't have the jab if you don't want to, I don't care about that - just understand that it doesn't mean you can flout a country's rules and do what you want anyway. Hope he enjoys watching the open from home. :LOL:

I'm with you

People have their right to get or not ATM .. fair enough whatever. But if a rule is brought in place either follow it or don't enter

If it means he can't play in that comp that's his problem

Then to lie to try and get in? Come on.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the false declaration on his immigration form was the clincher. That is usually a strict liability offence - if you did it, you are guilty. I suspect it was not an accidental error. Djokovic has a sense of over -entitlement and a belief in some bizarre stuff. aHe believes he was diagnosed gluten intolerant when some bread was held near him, and he believes in telepathy and telekinesis. Using telekinesis in tennis would be cheating, wouldn't it?

Oz are right to kick him out, perhaps they should have done so sooner, but he gave them all the reasons to do so.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't understand his logic. How can he sit at home, 4 weeks before one of the most important tournaments, and still not having a reason for a valid medical exemption. Then, when he suddenly get a reason, of course some journalists are going to dig into them.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't understand his logic. How can he sit at home, 4 weeks before one of the most important tournaments, and still not having a reason for a valid medical exemption. Then, when he suddenly get a reason, of course some journalists are going to dig into them.

Perhaps because ego dictates that people will be so happy to see him compete that they will ignore everything else as well as dictating that laws like this are for normal peopel and not for the likes of him.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perhaps because ego dictates that people will be so happy to see him compete that they will ignore everything else as well as dictating that laws like this are for normal peopel and not for the likes of him.

We saw that throughout the Pandemic tho didn't we? Celebs breaking the rules