Noticed a lot of golf clubs disappeared from teetimes.co.uk ?

AdamW

Visit site
Last year myself and a few mates used teetimes.co.uk to book unpopular times at local clubs to keep costs down and get us out playing.

A lot of the clubs have disappeared. Does anyone know if this just a temporary measure?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Last year myself and a few mates used teetimes.co.uk to book unpopular times at local clubs to costs down and get us out playing.

A lot of the clubs have disappeared. Does anyone know if this just a temporary measure?

I'd imagine it's because a lot of places are not allowing visitors currently because of demand from members.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Probably clubs just allowing members to access tee times at the moment due to the current circumstances. As many people are furloughed, there is greater demand for tee times at the moment

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would suggest looking around at club websites. Many have limited availability for visitors (e.g. weekday, or after certain times), some open to all and others members only.

With the fewer visitor tee times and needing to have everyone including members booking in advance, then I expect clubs are taking managing visitor bookings in house for now.

Freewaytom

Visit site
As a nomad golfer, I really appreciate the clubs that have opened there doors to visitors, but have found the same as you - teeofftimes is scarce, and you have to go direct. Around here (Coventry area) any club that offers online tee booking for visitors seems to get swamped, and you need to be booking a few days in advance, a complete contrast to years gone by. I've also noticed lots of clubs aren't welcoming single golfers too, particularly on teeofftimes.

It's great to see clubs busy and filling tee sheets, however as someone who tends to book last minute, I've had to adjust my approach!!

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If any nomad golfers want a round in Bedfordshire and are struggling to get tee times, let me know and I can book a couple of you in as my guests. Assuming you aren't complete novices and you can hit a ball. ;):)

AdamW

Visit site
We are going to millfield golf a lot at the minute which is not the best course but for £4 for 18 holes after 4 really can not complain!

Hopefully clubs come back onto tee of times soon as things slowly come back to normal so we can get a bit more variety

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hopefully clubs come back onto tee of times soon as things slowly come back to normal so we can get a bit more variety
Or perhaps you won't, if the economics don't play out for many clubs and the number of them drops. Perhaps the non member is going to get less options to play just like years back, especially with the drop in public courses.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Or perhaps you won't, if the economics don't play out for many clubs and the number of them drops. Perhaps the non member is going to get less options to play just like years back, especially with the drop in public courses.
That isn't going to happen. Once more people head back to work from furlough, there will be plenty of spare tee times available as before. When that happens though, is another question.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That isn't going to happen. Once more people head back to work from furlough, there will be plenty of spare tee times available as before. When that happens though, is another question.
I know 2 clubs nearby to me that have had a 40% loss of member renewals during lockdown. Unless they recover the numbers quickly, the clubs are going to be in trouble.
If the clubs don't survive, then there goes any visitor spaces or times.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As a nomad golfer, I really appreciate the clubs that have opened there doors to visitors, but have found the same as you - teeofftimes is scarce, and you have to go direct. Around here (Coventry area) any club that offers online tee booking for visitors seems to get swamped, and you need to be booking a few days in advance, a complete contrast to years gone by. I've also noticed lots of clubs aren't welcoming single golfers too, particularly on teeofftimes.

It's great to see clubs busy and filling tee sheets, however as someone who tends to book last minute, I've had to adjust my approach!!

Have you tried the ‘golf now’ app? I live the other side of the West Midlands and a fair few have been popping up for Warwickshire. Forest of Arden second course for under £20 the other day.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our 18 hole course is closed to visitors. There are very few times slots that are not booked everyday of the week partly because we have gone to 10 minutes instead of our usual 7/8 minutes and there are a lot of players on the course who would normally be at work.

Our 9 hole course is open to visitors but for 9 holes only and is still limited to 2 balls only to ensure a good pace of play as the members playing 18 have to be back on the first tee within a given time period of 1hr 20 minutes.

Financially it is the lack of visitors and societies that is probably going to hit us the hardest rather than members that have not renewed.

Crumplezone

Visit site
Golf Now owns teeofftimes. Exactly the same teetimes appear on both sites. It has been my experience that clubs that are usually on teetimes and teeofftimes are still accepting booking from visitors. I have booked several rounds though clubs' own online booking. They are just not choosing to offer them on the those sites at this time for some reason.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We've stopped visitors at the moment although it's not a permanent thing and once we see more members returning to work from furlough it's planned to review this. With limited spaces available and the height of the golfing season here (longest day soon) then the club feel it is only right to prioritise members although we've now moved on to members/guests