Not As Good as Rory or DJ or....

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
jordan to date has more major wins in the bank - the press the pundits the general golfing public will always look for controversy with comparisons - that's just the way of the world - jordans focus will be on winning some more

good for the game to have the amount of good but different kind of players out on tour & the strength in depth of talent means theirs now a fair amount of players who could win pretty much any tournament

to date the other two dustin/rory have some catching up to do - with mcilroy overall being further behind the 8 ball in just where his whole game is

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
jordan to date has more major wins in the bank - the press the pundits the general golfing public will always look for controversy with comparisons - that's just the way of the world - jordans focus will be on winning some more

good for the game to have the amount of good but different kind of players out on tour & the strength in depth of talent means theirs now a fair amount of players who could win pretty much any tournament

to date the other two dustin/rory have some catching up to do - with mcilroy overall being further behind the 8 ball in just where his whole game is

Good post. I guess it generates social media traffic and column inches and people will always make comparisons. They did it with Seve, Faldo etc from that era and it's been the same since

Yer Maw

Head Pro
Visit site
Speith is pretty amazing when hot and benefits from having a good caddy relationship. If Rory could develop that with his caddie then I'm certain he'd do a lot better because he clearly struggles mentally and needs someone to do whatever needs done to stop him racking up bad shots, get more composed on the greens and stop letting things get to him so much on the course. Whether that can be done with his current caddy is obviously for him to decide but he needs someone to do it on the course. McIlroy and Andy Murray are two peas in that pod.

The great thing is the amount of players competing at the top level just now, just wish there were more Brits.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think Jordans answer is:

How many majors does DJ have? Ask me again when he has 3.

How many majors does Mcilroy have? Ask me again when he has a green jacket.

Lets be honest. Comparing those 3 is like comparing apples and oranges. All 3 are different.

Johnson has massive length, Rory has the ball striking, Speith is god on the green.

Spieth is more than just putting.

And is Rory any better at ball striking than say Stenson or Garcia?