not a happy golfer today

fairmorn308

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As i ordered my clubs from edwin watts in USA they have had problems processing my order so am not happy.

they say they cant verify my details but i have given them everything possile.

So i cancelled my order and will just have to buy them in the UK. So today i bought my Driver / 3 wood / utility wood and will by the rest end of the month.

Now i have to decide on what course to get membership at this year?

My home course is forres and no questons i will get membership there but i would like to spread my golf this year and joing another course

Narin dunbar?
grantown on spey?
hopeman?
kinloss country club?

Need to decide by the weekend.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Surprised by Edwin Watts. They are a big outfit. I use them when I am in the states, but have never tried their mail order from over here.

As to the courses, they are all up north aren't they?

B

birdieman

As a former member at Grantown I can recommend it, it's scenic and has a friendly clubhouse, the course is quite easy to be honest, Nairn Dunbar is much harder but a different kettle of fish at the seaside.
I still try and play Grantown 36 hole open each July. Haven't played Kinloss or Hopeman, I hear Hopeman is a little gem of a course.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fairmorn,

As you know, I'm a country member at Nairn Dunbar and have played most of the courses you mention. It's a nice change from Forres but what about Boat of Garten ? It's a little beaut, too.

fairmorn308

Assistant Pro
Visit site
thought about it but then been thinking as i need to get back into it in a big way and only home 6 months of a yr and plan on playing all over this season it might be a waste joining another club until i get back up to a high standard.

T

thecraw

As J_F says Boat is a great wee course but beware its busier than the proverbial bee during the summer months. Others in that area are Kingussie, a course of outstanding beauty and a better test of golf than Granton in my opinion.

Newtonmore is also not a bad track.

The new Spey Valley is doing membership for £650, no joining fee. Meant to be outstanding. Not played it but heading there on 28th April for a round.

Slighly further afield from Nairn you have the amazing little Fortrose and Rosemarkie. Great fun links. Always a pleasure.