Norvern Craw/Smiffy wanted

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The problem we have had in the past is finding a good venue nearly all the private clubs mine included in the northwest don’t do society’s on a Sunday most do Fridays but not everybody wants to take a Friday off work for game,

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
There have been a couple, the roses match and also a meet at Frodsham in 2010 spring to mind. I'd be up for a meet for sure.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd be up for a meet.
What about us booking 4 tee times on a Weekend morning somewhere like Portal for starters, then sort out the rivalries from there.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd be up for a meet.
What about us booking 4 tee times on a Weekend morning somewhere like Portal for starters, then sort out the rivalries from there.

I've written off to Formby Hall, Sandiway, Pleasington and Haydock Park asking for society rates and availability for July (weekend and midweek) . I'll add Portal to the list.

I'll let you know what comes back and pick a date and reserve a tee time as you suggest and go from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've written off to Formby Hall, Sandiway, Pleasington and Haydock Park asking for society rates and availability for July (weekend and midweek) . I'll add Portal to the list.

I'll let you know what comes back and pick a date and reserve a tee time as you suggest and go from there.

Good work Junior. Enjoyed Formby Hall when I played there last year (won the society day aswell which helps :)).

July works pretty well for me either midweek or weekend, depending on the good lady arranging anything on weekends.....

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is it just me? But I don't do or get this manc/scouse thing! I'm a manc born and bred, plus red till I'm dead. HID is a scouse and red till she's dead too. We get on ok (most of the time lol).

Would love a game with anyone in the northwest. Only trouble at the moment is. I'm confined to weekends. Not got a H/c yet(only just joined a club). Plus not playing full 18 at the moment, due to injury. Oh and no car that works as well. But if it was latter in the summer. I am well up for it.

I have to agree with you Dave, except I do understand the rivalry, just dont agree with the stupid lengths it goes to. Dont get me wrong for many years I hated Man U with a passion, and wasn't always fond of Manchester. But as you get older, actually go to the place, see the people are just like you and me, you should mature and be more open minded.

I can actually see that nowadays mancs and scousers have a lot more in common than they would like to admit. Ok we also have our differences, but otherwise life would be dull. The thing is now I would rather have a few pints with a sensible, give and take, followed their team everywhere Man U fan, than a one-eyed totall biassed LFC fan.

Get well soon, and hope to see you at Lee park sometime.

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Then out of the land of Canaan, came a youth full of ideas and was about to change the course of golfkind.

Well done Junior.

I actually called Formby today as they have a teetime offer on in March only for £185 midweek/£200 weekend (per tee time).I got the last weekend teetime for me and some mates which is £50.00 each inc soup/sandwich. The weekend rate is £ 130.00 in summer per person, so is a steal. Playing it on April 1st as well (as they extended the deal for the 24 hours), unless I am an April fool.......

I asked about midweek times and they have 4-5 tee times available for next week Wed 14th and Thurs 15th in the morning (all together). They were also willing to let people just pay on the day, but I suggested they ringfence them for me, and people just ring up and pay individually, in case people just dont turn up. They said they dont want to put through 20 seperate credit card payments though, so could just pay on the day. Might be embarassing for the organiser if 20 say yeas, and only 10 turn up though.

As I'm playing it on the weekend now, wont go for this. However, if anyone else wanted to sort out a small meet, that price is an absolute bargain, as it is even better than a 2 for 1 off summer fees. It is only £45 each during the week.

Good luck with the places you are trying (I also fancy Pleasington and Sandiway) and I will try to get along once more is known.

I'll see how this runs and may try to do something else later on in the year, just need a Yorkie captain to come out of the woodwork......

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
QUOTE=Junior;531290]I've written off to Formby Hall, Sandiway, Pleasington and Haydock Park asking for society rates and availability for July (weekend and midweek) . I'll add Portal to the list

Some nice courses there junior.
I've played Pleasington quite a lot, its a really good test. Let's hope one of them comes good.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Good on you Andy!

I may even come out of retirement and make you 28hcp hackers look good!

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have to agree with you Dave, except I do understand the rivalry, just don't agree with the stupid lengths it goes to. Don't get me wrong for many years I hated Man U with a passion, and wasn't always fond of Manchester. But as you get older, actually go to the place, see the people are just like you and me, you should mature and be more open minded.

I can actually see that nowadays mancs and scousers have a lot more in common than they would like to admit. Ok we also have our differences, but otherwise life would be dull. The thing is now I would rather have a few pints with a sensible, give and take, followed their team everywhere Man U fan, than a one-eyed total biassed LFC fan.

Get well soon, and hope to see you at Lee park sometime.

Rivalry is one thing, in fact its quite healthy. Live would be boring without it. Its the rivalry that leads to blinkered hatred I don't get. mind you small minded people and all that.

Remember going to a Utd, Pool match with her at Old Trafford. We were in the Stretford end. Anyway Pool scored so she jumped up screaming as you do. Only to be met with a deadly silence. Lasted for what seemed like hours. Then everyone burst out laughing. She felt very sheepish. But she had some great banter with those around her the rest of the game.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rivalry is one thing, in fact its quite healthy. Live would be boring without it. Its the rivalry that leads to blinkered hatred I don't get. mind you small minded people and all that.

Remember going to a Utd, Pool match with her at Old Trafford. We were in the Stretford end. Anyway Pool scored so she jumped up screaming as you do. Only to be met with a deadly silence. Lasted for what seemed like hours. Then everyone burst out laughing. She felt very sheepish. But she had some great banter with those around her the rest of the game.

God she was lucky. My dad went on there in the 60's and was ok, although kept his mouth shut, but it wasn't as bad then. I've had mates go in the middle of the stretford and celbrated recently, although it is the coporate section now. Wouldn't fancy my chances anywhere else though.

I agree, rivalry with respect is how I would put it.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
will it be residential status or by birth lol?

residential im cornwall by birth fazakerley hospital so i would be able to represent merseyside if your short lol

Good point, bit of a way to come though. If you bring some of them pasties, you can be vice capt!!!!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No Yorks captain, or manchester capt coming forward yet though.....

The way were going we may have to play Merseyside v the Jocks. That could be fun.