Normandy

McCojac

Medal Winner
Visit site
Anyone recommend any courses in the Normandy area of France off to their in a couple of weeks as always I will have my clubs with me hoping for a round on a new course.

McCojac

Medal Winner
Visit site
Cheers for the info, unfortunately it's not a holiday but work , I always take clubs with me and try and make the most of the opportunity. I'll let you know how I get on. I think I'll try Omaha Beach if I can.

Wilf

Club Champion
Visit site
There are several stunning courses I have played in Normandy

I have played Omaha a couple of times and really like the course. You can see the remains of the harbour at Arromanches from the 6 green. Big very quick greens. 3 sets of 9 of which Le Mer and La Bocage or the best two in my opinion.

I was going to attach a picture of me contemplating the approach to the 6th but being a muppet i can not work out how to attach the picture.

Etretat is cracking cliff top course, depending on where you are staying as Omaha beach is set way from the rest. Golf Barrière de Saint-Julien and Hotel Du golf in Deaville are good and Champ de bastille is tight but beautiful.

Depends where you are as Normandy covers a large area.

Wilf

Club Champion
Visit site
Omaha is about 30 minutes from there, the courses around Deauville (Houlgate and Hotel Du Golf) about 30 the other way with Golf Barrière de Saint-Julien 10 miles further past Deauville.

Where ever you play enjoy, I am very jealous as love Normandy and the golf courses there.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We found le Touquet disappointing. reputation more a matter of history? La Mer poss a bit hard for us, Le foret uninspiring, but the place very busy (it was August!)
we did like Hardelot - the most peaceful we played on, but we were Pas de Calais rather than Normandy proper.

Have a good time!

AliB