Non-submittance of Medal scorecards

D-S

Visit site
Do you think the National Handicap Authorities might ever adapt their handicapping software to also allow clubs to manage competitions? They already took control of handicaps, just wondering if they could monetise their software to also allow it to manage comps and integrate with handicaps the way they think would work best? If the other ISVs are inadequate, then I can imagine clubs in England, for example, switching to a MyEG produced competition management system.

Perhaps it it easier to say than do.
I’m not sure that’s a battle that EG want to fight even if they could after all the difficulties they had with the ISVs over WHS.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you think the National Handicap Authorities might ever adapt their handicapping software to also allow clubs to manage competitions? They already took control of handicaps, just wondering if they could monetise their software to also allow it to manage comps and integrate with handicaps the way they think would work best? If the other ISVs are inadequate, then I can imagine clubs in England, for example, switching to a MyEG produced competition management system.

Isn't that what Scotland tried and ditched?

wjemather

Visit site

I can see that possibly happening in future. DotGolf is now the handicap system software provider across all of GB&I and they already supply the full suite of club and competition management software to clubs, particularly in New Zealand. Additionally, providing an all-in-one solution to clubs is what Scotland were/are trying to do with VMS (first with OCS, and now with DotGolf); the solution remains, it's just a case of whether they try pushing it to all clubs again given how badly it was received by some the first time round.

wjemather

Visit site
Isn't that what Scotland tried and ditched?
SG hasn't ditched the idea completely - their new dotgolf solution is also a 3rd party ISV replacement.
At the very least this was done to accommodate clubs that had persevered with the OCS solution to the bitter end, so that they did not have to go back to paying for their own ISV software. If well received, it's easy to foresee more clubs in Scotland taking it up; and no doubt the other unions (and ISVs) will be watching closely.

DickInShorts

Visit site
SG hasn't ditched the idea completely - their new dotgolf solution is also a 3rd party ISV replacement.
At the very least this was done to accommodate clubs that had persevered with the OCS solution to the bitter end, so that they did not have to go back to paying for their own ISV software. If well received, it's easy to foresee more clubs in Scotland taking it up; and no doubt the other unions (and ISVs) will be watching closely.
The new Scottish Golf App (DotGolf) was due to be released in January after the data was transferred from VMS (OCS) over Xmas/New Year.

We’re still waiting for it to be on general release!

I understand some clubs have got a few players to try it but from what I hear it doesn’t have the functionality of the OCS version!

Hopefully it will be released in full - and working - before the season starts in just over two weeks time!

wjemather

Visit site
The new Scottish Golf App (DotGolf) was due to be released in January after the data was transferred from VMS (OCS) over Xmas/New Year.

We’re still waiting for it to be on general release!

I understand some clubs have got a few players to try it but from what I hear it doesn’t have the functionality of the OCS version!

Hopefully it will be released in full - and working - before the season starts in just over two weeks time!
That's some interesting info, thanks. Do you know what functionality has changed? The information available on the SG website indicates that with dotgolf they are offering the full club management suite (membership, comps, tee booking, epos, accounts, website, etc.), from which clubs can choose to use as many or as few modules as they wish. SG also claim as many as 180+ clubs are already using it - maybe the ones who stuck with OCS?

LizAig

Visit site
By the way, I got a response back from one of them (the same one as sent the first message) just before 11pm:
"Don't worry about it."

Not sure that's quite the optimal approach to gathering any sympathy from the competitions secretary!
I’d reply saying the rules say I have to worry about and let them know what your code of conduct says - ours is verbal warning for first offences written warning for second (with possibly one medal suspension) and suspension for xx games/days for third offence.

DickInShorts

Visit site
That's some interesting info, thanks. Do you know what functionality has changed? The information available on the SG website indicates that with dotgolf they are offering the full club management suite (membership, comps, tee booking, epos, accounts, website, etc.), from which clubs can choose to use as many or as few modules as they wish. SG also claim as many as 180+ clubs are already using it - maybe the ones who stuck with OCS?

It’s quite likely all the clubs who were using OCS agreed to switch to the dotgolf software as it was supposed to be up and running in January. I got an email (and there was a Facebook post from SG ) in early January stating 23rd was date of release. Nothing more heard until last week when SG gave details of functionality added - which wasn’t in the update they’d asked people to download!!!

Last I heard in the grapevine is that it “should” be ready for April!