Non golfer interested in a house near a golf course

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeBuyer

Visit site
My wife and I are searching for a new home and the listing seems our perfect home. The only downside seems to be that it is directly adjacent to a golf course.

Picture of the golf course layout + the location of the house (red square).

I'm worried about the noise. One of the teeing grounds of hole 18 seems to be a maxium of 1 yard from our backyard. I also read that golf maintenance machinery starts at like 4-6 am everyday? This golf course opens at 6:30 am.

Hole 3 and 17 also could be a risk of golf balls flying in our backyard/house? There may be a solution for this but I don't know if it's allowed from the HOA board.

Since it is our perfect house otherwise I thought I would ask on here. But I think I already know the answer myself and also the responses I will get.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I suspect the back 18th tee will only be used for competitions which may not start until 8ish. Tee cutting machinery is not normally very noisy. 3 & 17 (par 3s I guess) I would reckon to be too far away for significant over hits but they will almost certainly be cutting the greens v early. It might be worth contacting the club and seeing if you can speak to the head greenkeeper.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Not sure what you are expecting to hear.
Being close to a golf course could well be a big plus in terms of house value.

The course was probably there before the house was built, might be worth asking the current owners what ( if any) issues they have,

I do hope that the scenario of moving next to a church and then complaining about the bells isn’t replicated .

Good opportunity to take up the sport ?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
If competitions kick off at 7:30 it’ll be gone 8:00 before they’re teeing off on the 4th. The only balls you’ll get in the backyard will be a thinned shot - 99.99% won’t go anywhere near. If you got one a year if at all… greens machines will be the only early ones out, and it will be early, before players get anywhere near the 3rd. But if they have several greens machines, it will all be done pretty quickly.

I doubt very much you’ll even notice them after a couple of weeks.

As a kid I lived in a house that backed onto a main railway line. I didn’t notice it after a few weeks.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not sure what you are expecting to hear.
Being close to a golf course could well be a big plus in terms of house value.

The course was probably there before the house was built, might be worth asking the current owners what ( if any) issues they have,

I do hope that the scenario of moving next to a church and then complaining about the bells isn’t replicated .

Good opportunity to take up the sport ?

Unfortunately when it comes to house vs golf course - the house wins even if built after the golf course as seen with a few local courses.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s not the noise from the machines that’s the problem.
Golfers are very noisy people.
They only stay quiet when they have hit a good shot.
Looks ok to me .most golfers are short unless it’s a massive thin.
Get up early one morning and have a walk down there to see / hear for yourself would be my advice.
Especially on the comp day at the weekend.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately when it comes to house vs golf course - the house wins even if built after the golf course as seen with a few local courses.
Happened at my last club.
Been there 100yrs but we had to change the 6th hole when they knocked flats down and built houses.
One complaint was all it took.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
might be wrong but language implies this is american?
I think it’s American, never heared of a HOA in the UK.

It looks a secure place to be in relation to where balls are flying. But 4 people hitting a pinging driver every 8 minutes?

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about people playing the 17th and 18th too much - judging by the amount of water on there, most will have run out of balls by then! :D

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It is in deed American and I am sorry if I offended anyone with my post. If my post came across as complaining and/or ranting that wasn't my intention. Thank you all for your answers, I appriciate it a lot.

no offence at all, but most of the replies are from a UK point of view and may not apply in the US

if it was me I would go and view the house at 6am on a weekday and a weekend in terms of noise, other than that I wouldnt be overly concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.