non-Gillette shaving options

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For decades, i have been using Gillette razors. They do the job. Then on a whim I tried Cornerstone. It was ok. I also see a lot of these being advertised - Harrys, Dollar club etc. Anyone uses these?
I am up for trying something different from Gillette.. Not looking for electric one..

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The bulldog ones are pretty good, I just stock up when Sainsbury's have a Nectar offer on them (usually 1/2 price).

Apparently the Lidl (Cien) blades fit the handle to, so I'll need to try these
Biggest revelation recently has been using the body shop shaving cream and applying with a bristle brush.
Smooth as silk 👍

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never found anything to beat the four blade Wilkinson sword disposables. I am not a regular shaver and these plough through 5 or more days of growth

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Get yourself a proper safety razor and a decent box of razor blades. Nothing comes close to it (except maybe a cutthroat but that takes a lot of practice!)

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Bic Orange 2, using them since I started shaving, 53 now. £2 for 20, shave twice a week and they do nicely, multi blade don't seem to do heavy growth well

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I subscribe to Harry's. Great blades and price. Added benefit of not having to remember to buy them as well. If you find you have too many they email you the day before dispatch so you can delay if you don't need them.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My problem with most of the newer razors is my own fault in that I shave once or twice a week. Too many blades in the razor and they get gunged up too quickly, too few and it is a really uncomfortable shave. The 4 blade Wilkinson Sword disposable is spot on.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I subscribe to Harry's. Great blades and price. Added benefit of not having to remember to buy them as well. If you find you have too many they email you the day before dispatch so you can delay if you don't need them.
I have been looking at Harry.. might go for them.. What is the £5 mystery item?

Dont know if they do referral.. if you have a link, copy it over.. i can join via that..

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been looking at Harry.. might go for them.. What is the £5 mystery item?

Dont know if they do referral.. if you have a link, copy it over.. i can join via that..
Don't bother, I got some eye moisturiser, it's pot luck.

I prefer bulldog to Harry's, it's the 5 Vs 4 blade choice.
I found bulldogs to last a bit longer