No Spare Lockers

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
jesus. you won't join a club because you can't have a locker!!!!

i don't know a single person that even has this as a criteria. you might be missing out on a fantastic course

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you put your bag in the locker is there not a chance things will go musty and mouldy? It seems to be rare that my gear is ever completely dry after a round and so it needs air around it to dry properly. I could get away with it for parts of summer but not all year round.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I take my clubs home and would have no interest in a locker, even if they were free, but I can see the Op's point. If you don't have access to a car all the time (for whatever reason - not every family can afford 2 or more cars) then it's a big criteria for him.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
oh and for those who do leave clubs in their lockers, make sure you know if youre covered on the clubs insurance for theft or whether you need you own in place (had mine along with almost every other locker holders nicked overnight several years back)

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fees for the club I wanted to join are £1500 year and I would have been happy to pay £100 a year for a locker

I assumed most clubs would build or make room to put more lockers, seems like a good way to get yearly income and keep members happy.

Having a car would be ideal but I am moving to central London, a car is not practical for me at the moment.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I got one last year, thought it would be dead handy. The reality is I hardly ever use it despite playing 2-3 times a week. Clubs go straight in the car and stay there until the next round. Am giving it up this year, waste of money.

jimjoachim

Head Pro
Visit site
Fees for the club I wanted to join are £1500 year and I would have been happy to pay £100 a year for a locker

I assumed most clubs would build or make room to put more lockers, seems like a good way to get yearly income and keep members happy.

Having a car would be ideal but I am moving to central London, a car is not practical for me at the moment.

id say if your willing to pay £100 a year for one you could find someone to sublet off...

jimjoachim

Head Pro
Visit site
this reminds me of when I was looking for a new club and read this in the history section on their website

In 1976 it was proposed that part of the Ladies’ Locker room should be used for a snooker room, with the ladies moving out to the courtyard....

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pretty much 'dead mans shoes' at our club.

There are only 120 or so male lockers and around 500-600 male members.

Rent for one is £50 a year

eastwoodclint

Hacker
Visit site
Have you considered cycling with your clubs on your back?

I've been cycling to my club (about 2 miles away) with my H2NO 14-way with full set of clubs. Honestly it isn't that bad and the trek to my club is mostly uphill. I get some funny looks but for the most part it works a charm. Prefer it this way as I don't have to leave my clubs at the course in case I want to hit the local range, etc.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I've been cycling to my club (about 2 miles away) with my H2NO 14-way with full set of clubs. Honestly it isn't that bad and the trek to my club is mostly uphill. I get some funny looks but for the most part it works a charm. Prefer it this way as I don't have to leave my clubs at the course in case I want to hit the local range, etc.

It would mean cycling through London with clubs on my back.

It never feels that safe even with nothing on my back, with clubs would feel awful.

Going to try a few more courses in the area tomorrow, if none can accommodate a locker I am going to have to think about what to do, never thought this would be an issue!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Ah, back in the day I used to cycle 2 miles to my hockey club, stick bag and kit bag on my back. I'd say they were happy times but going in the car is much easier 😁.

I can see the potential for golf clubs falling out all over the place if cycling. I wouldn't fancy it.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It would mean cycling through London with clubs on my back.

It never feels that safe even with nothing on my back, with clubs would feel awful.

Going to try a few more courses in the area tomorrow, if none can accommodate a locker I am going to have to think about what to do, never thought this would be an issue!

think i would approach the club, explain your situ and see if any flexibility