No power

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So I had a lesson yesterday to refresh my swing a bit after injury and I'd gone back to a few old swing faults so we corrected those, to try and ingrain the new changes I went to the range today and whilst everything is going a lot straighter (except for the driver which is as bad as ever) I noticed quite a significant reduction in distance and a bit of a height loss aswell, now I would take 20 yards shorter but safe everyday of the week but this was 40 yards shorter than before which is not good. Is there a way to improve this or will it just come as I develop the swing more?

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your 15 power will come, get the basics right first then the distance will come when you fill out a bit.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Biggest loss of power comes from standing up too straight and swinging with only the arms. Check your posture and then work on your swing gently....don't want another injury!!

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
One of the things we worked on was getting me standing further away from the ball as I was too close before hence too upright, I'll just have to wait and see, I'll get a lesson in a few weeks to keep it moving in the right direction

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
a good shoulder turn will help distance

for me i try to get my back facing the target at the top of the back swing and on the finish my chest points some 45 degrees left of the target (i'm right handed) so about 225 degrees of rotation shoulder rotation