No 3 Putts

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know Luke Donald didn’t have a 3 putt for over 600 rounds and someone recently had 542.

Post yours on here this season
Only competition rounds count
I think 36 would be a decent start.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We did this a few years back and the greens I was playing on, being fairly small and relatively flat, I think I went 4 or 5 rounds without a 3 putt..
On the greens at Ellesborough..?
Might go 20 holes but that's the limit....lots of dead elephants buried there...

D

Deleted member 35504

I know Luke Donald didn’t have a 3 putt for over 600 rounds and someone recently had 542.

Post yours on here this season
Only competition rounds count
I think 36 would be a decent start.
600 rounds????

Do you mean holes or rounds?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am a good putter but do not keep stats written down.
I reckon I would have had very few rounds without one 3 putt.

However I have had a lot of rounds with lots of single putts best round being 23 putts for the round. I try to remember the good things not the bad things.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The course you play on can make these stats tricksy as well. I played Ganton last year, 3 putts there are commonplace, greens are huge and rapid. Play somewhere with small greens, slower greens and you will barely see a 3 putt and your stats will claim you to be a putting god.

What Donald did, considering the courses he played on, was exceptional.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The course you play on can make these stats tricksy as well. I played Ganton last year, 3 putts there are commonplace, greens are huge and rapid. Play somewhere with small greens, slower greens and you will barely see a 3 putt and your stats will claim you to be a putting god.

What Donald did, considering the courses he played on, was exceptional.
Yeah, my course is short so you have a decent chance of reaching greens in regulation, but they are all on hellish slopes except for maybe two or three. To complete a round with no three-putts is a major achievement.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I four putted on the 9th at Princes, was on the back of the very long green on the Dunes, into a 2 club wind with a lot of water on the surface. Good times.

If I can go a round without a 3 putt I'm absolutely delighted and probably shooting a decent score.

Albo

Visit site
Depends on the course but I’d say im average 2-3 per round at the moment, I’ve done rounds without, but I doubt it would be more than 2 at the most