• Depends on the course

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • I am a member of a nine hole

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My place has an 18 hole course and a 9 hole pitch and putt (115-185 yards)... I am a member of the 9 hole only as it suits my lifestyle.

If my aim was to play 18 holes regularly I wouldnt join a 9 hole course and play it twice... I'd find somewhere else.

How do you maintain a handicap ?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I joined the 9 holer over the road from me after lockdown for £20 a month. Two neighbours and I play every morning, three days a week at 7am. I'm home, showered, breakfasted and ready to work before 9am.
It's great fun and although the course itself is a bit scabby, I'm really enjoying it.
It makes a nice change from competitive golf at the weekends on a full 18 holer.

Don't you get Godstone with your membership at Westerham? My mates are members at Westerham and it's with their membership.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Don't you get Godstone with your membership at Westerham? My mates are members at Westerham and it's with their membership.
I do, but it's a 25 minute journey and I have to go past Westerham to get there, so I don't bother. Plus, playing over the road means I can wake up, play, shower, breakfast and start work all within 2 hours. Can't do that adding in a 50 minute car journey.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I do, but it's a 25 minute journey and I have to go past Westerham to get there, so I don't bother. Plus, playing over the road means I can wake up, play, shower, breakfast and start work all within 2 hours. Can't do that adding in a 50 minute car journey.
Fair enough, they rarely use Godstone compared to Woldingham/Westerham/Surry National.

DCB

Visit site
Back in the 1980s I was a member if a 9 hole course for a season as I was on the waiting list for another club. It had two very different sets of tees, so playing 18 holes wasn't an issue. Over time the club grew and is now a full 18 holes and a busy place. Still enjoy playing 9 hole courses of which there are still quite a number up here. A local favourite of mine is a wee 9 hole course. A busy wee club attached.