nike vapour golf balls

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi folks, anyone used these?
Looking for comparisons or info please, says they are for slower swing speeds, I have quite a fast swing, high 80s with my 7 iron and 105-110 with the driver. any help would be great thanks.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't know if the current vapor ball is the one I tried 2-3 years ago, but that was an awesome golf ball.

On the website it says for amateurs over 80mph. Well, that's more or less everybody then. Helpful ???

I stopped using them, they were wild! I remember the first game with them going OOB long on two holes.

Sorry I can't be more helpful on this, I think you'd like them, but they were certainly aimed at the "distance" market in the old formula.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
They are a nice ball. Feel very much like a Titleist velocity off the putter/irons/driver.
My ss is very similar yours and I don't have any issues with them. They don't stop very well though but still have a nice feel for wedge/chip shots.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the info, if they don't stop well may not be for me. The have the couple year old one at our pro shop fairly cheap so was going to pick up a few boxes, may get a sleeve and see how they go.
Cheers

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crikey, I have never ever considered a golf ball to have such an impact on one's game.

As an absolute newbie, is ball selection important?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Crikey, I have never ever considered a golf ball to have such an impact on one's game.

As an absolute newbie, is ball selection important?

I'd say not a lot. I avoid "tour/spin" balls and play with medium/distance balls. What I lose hitting into greens I feel I gain off the tee. BUT it's fractions of %, not the making or breaking of a game. Personally, I put the putting at the top of my list. For example, I putt well with most balls, except a pure distance ball (there are loads) is often too hot off the putter. By the time you've realised why every putt has gone miles past, it's usually too late.

I bought some AD333s to try once. I was playing in an Open comp at Hawkstone Park. I 3-putted about 5 times that game. Horrible.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh, and as an addition, one of my all-time best scores was made with a Bay Hill titanium ball (Arnold Palmer brand, cheap). I was playing a Links course and went all out for roll and hardly played any shots around the greens other than chips not pitches. Worked well using a ball that refused to stop!