Nike Slingshot 2's or Callway X20s?

SimonB

Visit site
Im about to buy a new set of clubs looking at £300. I have found Nike Slingshot 2's or Callway X20s. What are your views on these clubs? Im a high handicapper

1leggedhar

Club Champion
Visit site
hi simonb ive just bought a set of slingshots only played with them once so far,getting on fine with the irons about a club longer then my old big berthers having a little trouble getting used to the hybrids at the mo but i have caught them right a few times and they go miles also they look good in the bag but the choice is yours :)

--------------------------------------------------------

in the bag

yonex nanospeed driver
callaway 3+
nike slingshot irons
callaway jaws wedge
dunlop putter
dunlop tour balls

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im about to buy a new set of clubs looking at £300. I have found Nike Slingshot 2's or Callway X20s. What are your views on these clubs? Im a high handicapper

I have X20's and they have been nothing but good. They are a really good starter to intermediate club. Very forgiving but still reward a well struck shot. They do send the ball quite high, but thats never bothered me personally. Also persevere with the longer irons, the 4 iron is my favorite club.

I started off with Nike Slingshots. Didn't get on well with them, the regular shaft felt like jelly. I personally wouldn't recommend them.

I've got to the point now where I want to move to a more players club, but the X20's will be staying in the cupboard just in case.

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
American Golf should match any price as they have a price match gaurentee.. Everytime I buy clubs, I find them cheap on line and go into the shop try them out then open the page on my iPhone... I got £50 off my Mizuno MX-950 irons/hybrids, £20 off my G15 3 wood.

barrybridges

Head Pro
fairwaytogo.wordpress.com
Don't forget though that the X20s and X22s are reasonably different clubs - the X20s are massively forgiving but the X22s are less so and perhaps more suited to slightly better game-improvers than beginners.

I also had to choose and ended up with the Yonex VMXs from American Golf. They're outstanding and compared with the Ping G10s and X20s there was no noticable difference. They're also excellent value at AG (or were a few weeks ago) at £279 for 4-SW. I would wholeheartedly recommend them.