Night Golf

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We did it in mid summer some years ago and it was still absolutely freezing and most weren't dressed for that. Personally, I wouldn't do it again if someone paid me to. It's difficult to see where you're walking for a start, you can't gauge the swing properly imo and putting was a nightmare

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve did it once. Really enjoyed it good laugh although it was darn cold

Some people must take this game seriously “lining up putts and can’t get a swing going”
Christ have a laugh it’s more about getting out there and having a bit fun

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
We did it in mid summer some years ago and it was still absolutely freezing and most weren't dressed for that. Personally, I wouldn't do it again if someone paid me to. It's difficult to see where you're walking for a start, you can't gauge the swing properly imo and putting was a nightmare

Did ours last night and would second this. Done it, ticked the box, won't be repeating the experience.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We did ours in the summer but the club had warned that it may get nippy and to pack accordingly so most were prepared. I get what you are saying about gauging the swing and for first couple of holes it was hard to trust you'd make proper contact. I found the best way of putting was to not go for anything too long in length and focus on two putting. Judging the distance putting I found really hard

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well, after been delayed twice before Christmas with the weather, we're finally getting to play tonight. Weather is looking good for this evening, just getting my warm clothing together, hip flask topped up and ready to roll.
good night for it, another great day here that's 14 deg two days running, if its the same again tomorrow the shorts could be out;)