Kilbey

Visit site
Hi folks.

I've been reading for some time, but have finally decided to join (I hope this isn't posted in the wrong area). I'm a little wary as I'm already on some forums for music and football and find that some people are so unnecessarily argumentative.

Anyway, I'm currently undergoing chemo/radiotherapy and this forum has been a great distraction whilst waiting each day to be "zapped". Thanks to all of you who post!

My golfing journey is, I expect, similar to many. I played as a junior to a pretty good standard at Kings Norton GC from the age of 11-16. I then really discovered music, beer and girls and I played no more than 15 times in the next 40 years.

Football days over, I came back to the game in September 2021 to continue playing sport and I'm utterly hooked again. I joined Moseley GC in November 2021, but my golf has been limited since the summer due to my ill health. I'm hoping for a good outcome and to get back down to single figures next summer should the daily zapping have worked and I have successful surgery in January.

I'm looking forward to joining in.

Thanks.

Albo

Visit site
Welcome to the forum, good luck with the chemo/radio. A good friend of mine went through the same sort of thing, he utterly loves his golf, while the treatment is over for him and things are looking really positive golf has been a great thing for him to concentrate on away from it all.

There are plenty of argumentative people here, but generally it’s done so nicely, more people arguing their side of a point rather than nasty or personal stuff.

Sure you’ll enjoy it here and the golf too!!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Hi folks.

I've been reading for some time, but have finally decided to join (I hope this isn't posted in the wrong area). I'm a little wary as I'm already on some forums for music and football and find that some people are so unnecessarily argumentative.

Anyway, I'm currently undergoing chemo/radiotherapy and this forum has been a great distraction whilst waiting each day to be "zapped". Thanks to all of you who post!

My golfing journey is, I expect, similar to many. I played as a junior to a pretty good standard at Kings Norton GC from the age of 11-16. I then really discovered music, beer and girls and I played no more than 15 times in the next 40 years.

Football days over, I came back to the game in September 2021 to continue playing sport and I'm utterly hooked again. I joined Moseley GC in November 2021, but my golf has been limited since the summer due to my ill health. I'm hoping for a good outcome and to get back down to single figures next summer should the daily zapping have worked and I have successful surgery in January.

I'm looking forward to joining in.

Thanks.

Hiya mate! Welcome to the mad house!

Nice to hear you're not far from me, I work just up the road from Lickey Hills golf course and reside in Worcester.

Got everything crossed that your treatments go well and you can get back out on the course in the future, maybe we could even have a round!

Kilbey

Visit site
Hiya mate! Welcome to the mad house!

Nice to hear you're not far from me, I work just up the road from Lickey Hills golf course and reside in Worcester.

Got everything crossed that your treatments go well and you can get back out on the course in the future, maybe we could even have a round!
Thank-you. I'd be happy to host you at Moseley. I'm still playing 9 holes a week (playing tomorrow), but I can't manage more than that at the moment.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Kilbey. Been through a similar journey myself so wishing you all the best for a successful outcome.

In the meantime, enjoy a few holes every now and then and get stuck in here!