New Years Resoloutions!

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
After seeing the weight loss posts i just wondered as anyone made any other new year plans.

Mine is stopping smoking i was not a heavy smoker anyway 4 days in and its going well ill just see what happens when i get back to work

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
In all honesty I made a NEw Year resoloution 15 years ago and I've stuck to it.

The resoloution?

Never to make any more New year Resoloutons!!!!!!

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dont do resolutions :mad: not annually when midnight strikes for the new year anyway, I resolve to do stuff as its needed and when its needed, I feel waiting for Jan 1st to have a resolution is a bit naff and mostly meaningless. :rolleyes:.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Never seent he point in making resolutions as they are normally empty promises and long forgotten before the end of January. I try and make any changes to my lifestyle etc as I go. That said I would like to get my debts paid off this year but is something that is an ongoing issue and not really a resolution

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Last year I made a resolution to stop swearing publically (particularly after sneezing) - a bad habit of mine. I managed to boil it down a lot.

This year I promised to improve my fitness. I do not need necessarily to lose weight but I need to beef up a little.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last year I made a resolution to stop swearing publically (particularly after sneezing) - a bad habit of mine. I managed to boil it down a lot.

This year I promised to improve my fitness. I do not need necessarily to lose weight but I need to beef up a little.
Just tell everyone you suffer from touretts and carry on swearing! :D

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not really a resolution as such but to keep a far closer eye on my outgoings as by the end of the month I seem to have just leaked money from every pore leaving me without a pot to ---- in.

Bought a basic bit of accounting software to track incomings and outgoings . It's a bit of a faff sitting down and accounting for every transaction but the results are already proving quite shocking.

Too much spent on 'toys' and booze and not enough spent on basic good quality food.

Only other thing that I would like to get done this year is to sort this blinkin' flat out, throw away all the tatt and get some decent book shelves up.

bill

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had a slightly delayed one and decided to give up the smokes last night.

I'm a bit like this at present :D

The payoff is membership of a Golf club in April so fingers crossed!

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site

Stick with it mate....I've been smoke free since 1st Oct 2006. It is hard, but does get easier with time.

Good luck

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

To echo the others - well done & keep at it. It <u>does</u> get easier. I've now been ciggie free for 1year 8days 14hours and 20mins - not that I'm counting you understand. Try the patches - they did ok for me