New to golf

JugbandBlues

Visit site
Hi all,
As i said, i just recently started playing golf. I find it quite relaxing and exciting at the same time :) Don't know what i was waiting for my whole life!
Anyway, I was wondering if you could help me decide whether to go for this [link removed :mmm:] or not. I'd like to know if it's any good for a beginer's equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi all,
As i said, i just recently started playing golf. I find it quite relaxing and exciting at the same time :) Don't know what i was waiting for my whole life!
Anyway, I was wondering if you could help me decide whether to go for this or not. I'd like to know if it's any good for a beginer's equipment.

To be honest if you are new then in my opinion you shouldn't be bothering with a range finder as you need to get your mind trained and used to assessing distance. One of the most important facets of the game is picturing the shot you want to play and a range-finder will distract from that - and indeed is only of value (IMO) when you have got a pretty good idea of far you hit each of your clubs.

Out of interest who suggested that you needed one or what made you think that you do?

Others may well disagree with the above.

Have fun :)

Last edited by a moderator: