New to Golf - nervous before playing my first round!

the_exile

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Having read your comments I've decided that a nine-hole shorter course would probably make the most sense for my first foray out onto an actual course. Spoke to my teacher about this and he's going to book in a playing lesson on a local nine-holer which means he can point out all my etiquette and playing flaws!

I've just moved down to London so when I find out where and when he's booked me in for the playing lesson I'll let all you south-eastern lot know so you can golf in helmets that day! ;)

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi guys,

Having read your comments I've decided that a nine-hole shorter course would probably make the most sense for my first foray out onto an actual course. Spoke to my teacher about this and he's going to book in a playing lesson on a local nine-holer which means he can point out all my etiquette and playing flaws!

I've just moved down to London so when I find out where and when he's booked me in for the playing lesson I'll let all you south-eastern lot know so you can golf in helmets that day! ;)
awesome make sure you tell us how you get on. Have fun :thup:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Welcome to the forum...

Have fun and keep us posted, don't read too much into scores. Just keep the ball in play and enjoy the feeling of hitting a golf ball.

Bash the wild clubs on the range, they will eventually become less wild so you can let them loose on the course!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hi guys,

Which part of London and which nine holer?

Sion

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just go out there and enjoy it. Everyone plays golf for the enjoyment of the game, have a good game.