New Taylor Made Players Irons

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They look half decent but I get the gripe about the price. £1300 is obscene to quote though and daft when the online retailers are going to sell cheaper. That said, I'm surprised TM are letting them sell with such a big deduction already. I guess it pays to do your homework and really shop around

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would be wholeheartedly surprised if TM doesn’t MAP price it’s products. If they do, why put the RRP so high and then MAP price so low.
Either way, fugly irons (much like 95% of TM stuff) can’t see them being a great seller.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would be wholeheartedly surprised if TM doesn’t MAP price it’s products. If they do, why put the RRP so high and then MAP price so low.
Either way, fugly irons (much like 95% of TM stuff) can’t see them being a great seller.
Replacing two models in the range according to the Shiels video so I guess they're hoping for a bigger cross-over market. I like the look of them compared to some of their recent offerings but this speed foam seems a gimmick and I'd be interested to see if it gives better performances. Can't see it or more would be doing it across more lines

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The point is - why quote a RRP of £1300 when, even before they're on sale, the actual price is %25 less...
It's not just TM, they all do it.
It's almost trying to con the consumer into thinking they're saving a fortune when there was never any intention to sell at the RRP so they're not saving anything at all.
RRP - a pet hate of mine....
I think you've hit the nail on the head. There is never any intention to sell at RRP, it's just set higher to trick into thinking you're getting them cheaper. It's the same as DFS having their sofas at 'sale' price for about 11 months of the year.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I think you've hit the nail on the head. There is never any intention to sell at RRP, it's just set higher to trick into thinking you're getting them cheaper. It's the same as DFS having their sofas at 'sale' price for about 11 months of the year.

Didn’t know that Drive For Show was a furniture retailer 😂😂😂

Got any deals going Gordon? 👍😂