New Taylor Made Players Irons

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Surely there is only 1 view of a golf club that really counts. The one from above is the only visual that matters when you are playing a shot!

I guess I'm a bit more shallow and figure that since irons spend 99.9% of their time upside down it means what they look like in the bag does matter to me. These are hounds!

I assume though that they come with a set of iron headcovers included so it wont be too bad o_O

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Those vertical groove thingies on the back are horrendous. What are they supposed to be? Apart from that the design looks pretty standard to me, but standard in a good way. I am generally not a massive fan of Taylormade clubs, I must admit, at least visually. Rarely saw one that I liked. Their GAPR range looks nice, though.

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I know you don't see the back of the club and it's down the line sight that matters, but gosh I think that design is ugly.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
P760 from above;
taylormade-p760-irons-topline.jpg

D

Deleted member 1147

Would you buy a car because the interior looks lovely when the exterior is horrible?? ;):p
Looking out my office window it would appear that a lot of people buy cars which look terrible inside & out - Ford KA, Citroen Cactus, Fiat Multipla etc etc

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Looking out my office window it would appear that a lot of people buy cars which look terrible inside & out - Ford KA, Citroen Cactus, Fiat Multipla etc etc
I like the look of the Fiat Multipla. Well at least the original one with the quirky front. They ruined it when they put a "conventional" front of it and spoiled everything that made it look fun.
It's all in the eye of the beholder. I think some of the designs of the current ranges of "better players" clubs look odd. MP18 MMC, AP3, AP2. Some will absolutely disagree and that's fine too.
Look down on some putters and people couldn't use them either but it doesn't bother me in the main. I had a Nike SQ driver. And a Hippo Hex. Not normal looks but they certainly worked. The Hippo Hex in particular was great but they outlawed it sadly. It put many a big name driver to shame.
Number one priority, does it work for me? Aesthetics second but again I don't like the super thick tops of some of the Super Game Improver irons of yore. My Callaway XR's may not appeal to all but I like them.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I never thought I'd reach a point where a club's looks meant more to me than its performance but it's happened.
Even looking down at the address view I don't find this club pleasing on the eye, much the same with most modern clubs where they just look bloated, especially the new hollow headed stuff.

But I like the fact that many people do appreciate them as it means I can carry on picking up sets of clubs that I like for the price of a couple of new grips. 😀

D

Deleted member 15344

Not exactly new news is it with items not going for RRP - when was the last time anyone ever bought something at RRP ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not exactly new news is it with items not going for RRP - when was the last time anyone ever bought something at RRP ?
The point is - why quote a RRP of £1300 when, even before they're on sale, the actual price is %25 less...
It's not just TM, they all do it.
It's almost trying to con the consumer into thinking they're saving a fortune when there was never any intention to sell at the RRP so they're not saving anything at all.
RRP - a pet hate of mine....

D

Deleted member 15344

The point is - why quote a RRP of £1300 when, even before they're on sale, the actual price is %25 less...
It's not just TM, they all do it.
It's almost trying to con the consumer into thinking they're saving a fortune when there was never any intention to sell at the RRP so they're not saving anything at all.
RRP - a pet hate of mine....
The clue is in the name “recommended” - that’s what they recommend, doesn’t mean it’s the actual price they will sell. Don’t need to be a rocket scientist to know that items don’t go for RRP