new swing video

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
hello all

just took a video at the range the other day and thought I'd see what people thought. The video quality is awful as it was taken on my phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNuAfp4r-GQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

The issues that concern me:
1. Still looks like (to me) that I'm cutting across the ball somewhat (worse in first swing)
2. Overswinging
3. Head moves forward during backswing and downswing
4. closed clubface at the top (increased due to overswinging?)

both shots where hit with a 7 iron and both went dead straight. my iron play recently has been pretty good with my bad shots being pull hooks. I'm not slicing the ball apart from my driver and roughly 25% of the time with fairway woods.

Cheers in advance

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
that looks a pretty good swing to me you must be hitting a lot of good shots.

regarding coming across the ball your swing looks on plane so i guess its more of a feel thing, feeling you want to come through slightly across to hit a fade or vise versa.

hopefully somebody with more knowledge will come along and help,

like i said looks a solid swing, you must be at least single figures

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nice posture and balance, well done.

Not a clear video but it looks like you are taking the club back too far inside, it is below your shoulder plane at the top. This looks like you are routing the club a little outside on the way down which is coming slightly out to in.

I would suggest taking the club back a little more outside on the way back, a feeling of the clubshaft pointing along the extended ball to target line for the first few feet will help. At the top pause and drop the club with your wrists, it should strike you somewhere near the outside top edge of your right shoulder, at the moment it would probably hit you in your right arm.

I hope this helps.