New Skoda Superb Estate SE Business

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've been given the option at work of swapping my company car from Audi A3 Saloon 1.6TDi for a brand new Skoda Superb SE Estate Business.

Both fully expensed (fuel, maintenance etc)

Not a lot to differentiate in terms of P11D value or CO2 emmissions, although the Skoda will save me about 20 quid a month.

Sloda has more gadgets (sat nav, parking sensors, leather seats, cruise control, which the Audi has none of)

Audi is 18 months old and has 50k miles on it. Approx 18 months before renewal

Could definitely use the extra space but I manage ok with the smaller Audi currently.

Anyone give me a steer on the SKoda, or Skoda's in general? I know they used to have a rep for poor build quality but since I've been driving company cars for the last 15 years I've never looked at them in any detail.

Thanks in advance

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Take the Skoda, particularly if it is the new, updated version which has recently changed. The only question is can you cope with the extra length of the car, perfect for golf clubs by the way? It is a long car.

Your memory of poor build quality is at least 15 years out of date. The Superb is very desirable and likely to be top of the list when I look to change my car next year. Check out online reviews, they are pretty universally positive. I've had Skoda's previously and the quality is excellent. The Superb is a step up again. Dealers are usually a strong point as well.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Don't forget that Skoda are owned by VW/Audi so you are getting their build quality. If you like the size of the Superb I would go for it.

D

Deleted member 18121

IMO if Skoda are good enough for the police and taxi drivers to use.....then they're good enough for anyone.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been given the option at work of swapping my company car from Audi A3 Saloon 1.6TDi for a brand new Skoda Superb SE Estate Business.

Both fully expensed (fuel, maintenance etc)

Not a lot to differentiate in terms of P11D value or CO2 emmissions, although the Skoda will save me about 20 quid a month.

Sloda has more gadgets (sat nav, parking sensors, leather seats, cruise control, which the Audi has none of)

Audi is 18 months old and has 50k miles on it. Approx 18 months before renewal

Could definitely use the extra space but I manage ok with the smaller Audi currently.

Anyone give me a steer on the SKoda, or Skoda's in general? I know they used to have a rep for poor build quality but since I've been driving company cars for the last 15 years I've never looked at them in any detail.

Thanks in advance

Brand new Skoda, all the toys, saves you money. And bigger.
Audi, 50k miles, less toys, older, smaller and more expensive.

No brainer. Current Skoda's are, errr, superb! :D

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Go for it.

On top of the reasons given above, you will never ever want a car without cruise control again if you do 50k miles in 18 months! ;)

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have had Audis, (both A4 Quattro and TDI Estates), before changing to BMW, but my son has recently bought a Skoda Octavia TDI estate and it is an absolutely fantastic car. He is a commercial diver and has to travel anywhere in the UK at the drop of a hat so needs a comfortable reliable car and the Skoda ticks all the boxes. I will certainly be looking at one when it comes time to replace mine.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Take the Skoda, particularly if it is the new, updated version which has recently changed. The only question is can you cope with the extra length of the car, perfect for golf clubs by the way? It is a long car.

Your memory of poor build quality is at least 15 years out of date. The Superb is very desirable and likely to be top of the list when I look to change my car next year. Check out online reviews, they are pretty universally positive. I've had Skoda's previously and the quality is excellent. The Superb is a step up again. Dealers are usually a strong point as well.

This.

My dad's a car salesman at Lexus and we went over to see him last weekend - he had just taken delivery of a Skoda Superb Estate which was fully loaded. If it hadn't been such a shocking colour (essentially poo brown metallic) I'd have taken his arm off...Absolutely stunning car. The new Skoda's are very, very good cars.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Take the Skoda.

I am 5 weeks into waiting 12 for my new fully-loaded Superb Saloon and after checking them out before ordering I believe they're the absolute shizzle.

I can't wait.... And for a golfer the boot space, particularly for the estate, is mahoosive. As has been said, it's a no-brainer.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've got a Skoda Superb saloon as a company car. Got it new in November 2014 and just done 68,000 miles. Great car. Big boot, masses of room in the back. I'll be getting another one if it's still on the list when it's due for replacement.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
IMO if Skoda are cheap enough for the police and taxi drivers to use.....then they're good enough for anyone.

Fixed that for you; I can assure you that fitness for purpose has little to do with the choice of vehicle that the police use.

I'd point out that I'm not knocking the Skoda, I'd seriously consider one myself, just the justification for the choice.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Fixed that for you; I can assure you that fitness for purpose has little to do with the choice of vehicle that the police use.

I'd point out that I'm not knocking the Skoda, I'd seriously consider one myself, just the justification for the choice.

oh i don't know, plenty of Forces have BMW's they are not the cheapest