New Shaft Needed

Gentabout

Medal Winner
Visit site
Evening Guys.

Had a slight hiccup yesterday and bent a shaft that then broke when I tried to tweak it back. I had hit a cracking tee shot with my 3 wood that looked from the tee that it would be nice and safe and about half way up a significant hill. Once we got to the ball I found it had rolled back down the hill a bit and was now sitting just in front of a tree. I thought the best shot would be a little chip back out on to the fairway so grabbed the wedge out of the bag and swung it gently to see what sort of path the club would take and if it would be safe, it gently brushed a few low hanging branches (more like twigs) so I addressed the ball with a mental note to reduce the swing and thats when I noticed the bend :(. I tried to gently bend it back but it snapped instantly. Spoilt the round somewhat as I had a bit of a sulk on and I must of left at least 6 110-120 yds shots to greens and either came up short with my gap or overshot with my 9. So I need to get it re shafted or replaced.

Anyone able to give me an idea of cost to put a new CFS Reg shaft in a Ping G25 club?

Or an alternative?

Thanks in advance.

Dean

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not so easy to get a hold of the same shaft aftermarket. Contact Ping. I know someone who broke a shaft in one of their irons and they replaced it for £30 including postage to and from. Argue that it happened using it normally and it will cost nought

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've had a couple of similar experiences. I worked on my mental resilience to overcome them.

It takes effort and concentration but with a bit of practice you can ride out inconsequential events like those.

Put it "at the bottom of the bag" or something similar and deal with it after the 18th.

Gentabout

Medal Winner
Visit site
Not so easy to get a hold of the same shaft aftermarket. Contact Ping. I know someone who broke a shaft in one of their irons and they replaced it for £30 including postage to and from. Argue that it happened using it normally and it will cost nought

Ping have excellent after care, I'm sure they will sort you out.

Thanks Guys.

I spoke with Ping this morning and they told me that I have to deal with it through a dealer and that the cost would be £41.99 for a new shaft and grip plus postage :(. I have phoned a shop I purchased my new ping hybrid and callaway fairway from and await a call back.

Dean

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
£13.50 for a delivered shaft plus grip and getting the shaft fitted is not going to be dis-similar to pings cost

I suppose it depends on who is fitting it. Ping has quoted £42 plus postage (£50 ish plus?) If your doing yourself it's quite a saving. Paying someone your saving around a tenner. I wouldn't go to the trouble for a tenner, but given I have multiple grips at home and reshaft myself the OP just might be willing to do same. Just another option

Gentabout

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys. I have given it to one of the local shops that I have bought some clubs from recently for them to send back to Ping as Ping told me it had to be done through a dealer. Not sure on price yet but will update when I get it back.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
same thing happened to me this afternoon. my drive came to rest beside a small insignificant looking tree. I took a practice swing at half power and hit the tree on the follow through. I thought nothing of it until I looked at the club and saw it has a massive kink in it! Tried to bend it back and it snapped in two, clean as a whistle.

First club I have ever broken in a year of playing. Have handed it into the shop for the pro to have a look at. Guy I was playing with reckoned they should be able to fit a new shaft for £20-£30, will find out tomorrow.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
same thing happened to me this afternoon. my drive came to rest beside a small insignificant looking tree. I took a practice swing at half power and hit the tree on the follow through. I thought nothing of it until I looked at the club and saw it has a massive kink in it! Tried to bend it back and it snapped in two, clean as a whistle.

First club I have ever broken in a year of playing. Have handed it into the shop for the pro to have a look at. Guy I was playing with reckoned they should be able to fit a new shaft for £20-£30, will find out tomorrow.

Just had it fixed, £35 for new shaft and grip.