New shaft for mizzy mp600

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all, I have a mizuno mp600 10.5 driver with Grafalloy prolaunch red shaft in reg. I find the shaft a little on the firm side for me, when I swing really smooth the results are good but if I get a bit fast they are poor.My swing speed is 95-98 and when hit well I can hit it 220- 240 yds.I'm looking for a shaft with a little more flex that hits a bit higher. I am thinking of a Graphite design ys6+ or maybe a pershing 65r any thoughts.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
According to grafalloy, the Red is a low launch. But, as I own a club with this in, I'd say it was bog standard.
On 95-98 it should suit you down to the ground. It is far better than the platinum for these speeds. It shouldn't be feeling a bit firm, if you ask me. The two YS design shafts you mention are constructed with exactly the same intention, to suit the average-faster than average player.
220-240 with 95-98 is a tiny bit low...you need a C/F really.
Why not go and try a few and have a look at the results.
If I can get 240 with a 12 degree and 90-95 mph, you might be able to max out with a different set up.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
thanks for the help.

You're welcome.

t.b.h. I find the Aldila NV green a bit stiff. Most folk LOVE this shaft, and probably right, but for me being a little slow, it's not so good. The P-L Red seems good to me.

If you go for a custom fit (even if you don't buy) you might discover some interesting stuff.

f.w.i.w. I've always rated fujikura but recently have been getting on very well with the V2 (regular, of course) in the Wilson drivers/woods/hybrids.