New programme on SKY Golf

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sky have started showing a Golf Channel programme aimed at improving you golf. (sorry cannot remember the title)

I watched a couple last night and picked up a couple of things that I might give try

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I thought Sky might have looked to do more of this type of programme sooner. There were some good things from the ill fated Golf Channel we had a for a while (and some dross) but I thought the dedicated golf channel Sky have would be an ideal platform for instructional stuff, documentaries etc rather than re-running the recent golf events and Chronicles of an Open Golfer, old major re-runs etc. If you look at the Sky Cricket channels they've done some good stuff on there to help fill the scheduling void

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
watched the show last night and the guy was praising Blair O'Neil like she was a forum hacker.

some of the tips looked good so might try them at the range later today

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched about 15 mins of the 1st one. That guy just seemed to shout all the time. The instructions looked pretty good but he just irritated the bejesus out of me so I turned it off.

Isn't Feherty's show meant to be coming on Sky Golf? If so, anyone know when?

Feherty starts tonight I think!

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just checked this out on catch up. Looks like previous Golf Channel programming in their old studio. You can see a lot of this on YouTube. That said, I would like to see more of this on Sky Golf.
I see they have “Live Morning Drive” on today at 2pm. I am guessing this is the Golf Channel program. I enjoyed watching this when the Golf Channel was on over here.
Martin Hall does a lot of instruction for the Golf Channel as well as Revolution Golf. The shouty stuff is just an American TV thing I think, where everyone has to appear really enthusiastic.
IMO it’s all about picking up the tips that work for you. There are thousands, all very generic and quite often contradicting each other. It’s easy to get bogged down and to scramble your brain with info overload, so be choosy.

Wolf

Visit site
Caught a bit of it last night and whilst I though the Open zone parts they had were interesting with Harringtons odd drill and Darren Clarkes tips, I found the studio stuff pretty dull and the tips he was giving was hard to see how they were being applied as Blair already had these elements in her swing so you could see no differences. But it was nice watching her swing though...

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I thought Sky might have looked to do more of this type of programme sooner. There were some good things from the ill fated Golf Channel we had a for a while (and some dross) but I thought the dedicated golf channel Sky have would be an ideal platform for instructional stuff, documentaries etc rather than re-running the recent golf events and Chronicles of an Open Golfer, old major re-runs etc. If you look at the Sky Cricket channels they've done some good stuff on there to help fill the scheduling void

TBH id rather they showed the live cricket theyve acquired the rights for!!!!

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
[QUOTE="Duckster, post: 1963476, member:
but he just irritated the bejesus out of me

?[/QUOTE]

A wonderful phrase which expresses exactly the effect he had on me.
Whatever merit there was in what he said I never got to assess.
Shout shout shout That's all that registered.

D

Deleted member 23344

Enjoyed the Feherty interviews with Poulter and Fleetwood last night ... shame that they were recorded before last year’s Ryder Cup though.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Watched about 15 mins of the 1st one. That guy just seemed to shout all the time. The instructions looked pretty good but he just irritated the bejesus out of me so I turned it off.

Isn't Feherty's show meant to be coming on Sky Golf? If so, anyone know when?

Was going to start a thread on this yesterday but go sidetracked with a work issue. Had this on the night before, had to look him up because he was irritating the hell out of me in the first two minutes. I couldn't believe that they are into their 9th season of the show, a fact that he kept reminding us of in every other sentence. Despite the presence of Blair O'Neil, I couldn't watch this show with him caoching/ teaching / shouting.
On the other hand, I saw a different coaching show on SKY last night with a Canadian coach. He was teaching another female golfer about pitching using the analogy of how we naturally throw balls to a target without thinking, and that pitching is pretty much the same action. Thought he was a much better presenter and got more out of his segment by far.Was out last night so recorded Feherty, looking forward to that.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Enjoyed the Feherty interviews with Poulter and Fleetwood last night ... shame that they were recorded before last year’s Ryder Cup though.
Me too. Thought both players really bought into the type of show it was so it worked really well. Would be nice to get more recent recordings, ideally within a few days of transmission in the US

Wolf

Visit site
Me too. Thought both players really bought into the type of show it was so it worked really well. Would be nice to get more recent recordings, ideally within a few days of transmission in the US
All the Feherty stuff has been recorded for over a year as wasn't originally for Sky. Its all been released previously in his Podcast so most of its been out for about 1-2years already so sky are a way behind. But having listen to the podcasts I can say there are some good episodes coming up on Sky, Jason Day was very open about his problems, the one with Brad Faxon and Billy Andrade was interesting and Tom Watson one was especially good with a revelation at the end that was to me at least unknown before and quite touching for Feherty and let you see inside his brash persona and something Watson had gone through to.