New Motocaddy

Robby W

Visit site
Hello, this might seem a silly question but I have just bought a Motocaddy Tech. I have had an electric trolley before and found it useful to be able to push the cart manually sometimes (without use of the speed control). As long as the control was on 0 or off, this was no problem. With this new one, when I try and push there is resistance and I don't want to cause damage. Any information?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Usually the axles have two grooves to locate the wheels. The normal position is to fully engage the wheels but if you only push the wheels as far as the first groove, it disengages the motor, allowing you to push the trolley. Very handy when you forget to charge the battery - apparently ?

Robby W

Visit site
Usually the axles have two grooves to locate the wheels. The normal position is to fully engage the wheels but if you only push the wheels as far as the first groove, it disengages the motor, allowing you to push the trolley. Very handy when you forget to charge the battery - apparently ?
Yes, I know about this for use when putting the trolley in a car boot and reducing the size. However, I am talking about its use during a round, when the motor is not required. There is resistance and I don't want to cause damage.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes, I know about this for use when putting the trolley in a car boot and reducing the size. However, I am talking about its use during a round, when the motor is not required. There is resistance and I don't want to cause damage.
As I said, if you only half engage the wheels (to the first click) then the motor is disengaged and you can push the trolley without causing any damage and there is much less resistance

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
As I said, if you only half engage the wheels (to the first click) then the motor is disengaged and you can push the trolley without causing any damage and there is much less resistance
Read what he said. He is asking if pushing the trolley mid round will cause damage.

Robby W

Visit site
Thanks, but I am not being clear. This is the ability to free wheel the trolley during a game. How can I disengage the trolley during a round just for a short movement and then engage immediately.? Am I to presume this trolley is not made to do this simple task, nor even a short reverse manoevre? i.e. it has to be in "drive" mode even when stationery?