New irons...

woosey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hey Guys,

My irons are as per my signature.

I'm killing my mp-33s and getting lovely results, sadly though the dreaded rust has set in on my irons meaning it's refurb time (groves are worn etc), am looking at around £400 to get the lot re-done (new shafts, grips, loft/lie and re-chromed) which i'm currently thinking about...

In the mean time i've switched by to my cavities, i've had my TM since i was 14 (now 27) i hit them nicely, i just wonder if they are right for my improving game..

So if you were looking for some irons and had a good swing behind you, what irons would you look at? I'm not really looking to the forged clubs as i will always have the mp-33's and could do without another set of 'delicate' clubs!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I got the R11's Last year. Wonderful club. I was using TM TP's but felt I needed a step back in terms of control and forgiveness and my ball striking and scoring is much better since going for the R11's

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If you get on with the MP33s whn you have confidence then you should not have problems with any club really. However the R7s would be a value alternative for the 'bad-striking' periods.

Earlier TM model TM300 Forged is great value too - less than £100 for Miuras! Slightly biased - have had 6 sets of these (only ever 5 at once) and still got 2.

BTW. That's a very expensive process you are planning for the 33s and I don't believe the results justify the cost. Classic blades they may be, but I believe it's better to let them age gracefully rather than give them a bad facelift!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Just got the TM MC/MB combo 4-pw. £575 less trade in. Love the MC but not getting the same feedback from the MB.